Battery for CPAP machine (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
Just a quick question we are looking to run a CPAP machine off a battery, looking at the ones made for the machine are over £200 but looking to buy a Lithium Battery - Waterproof 38mAh Rechargable Power Bank/Battery anyone got any experience with doing this
Thanks

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have in an emergency run John's off a spare battery, but with solar and 2 leisure batteries can manage 5 nights without moving via the inverter. No problem when on hook up. Our NHS one was changed so we had one more suitable for use on the move.
am sure @dave newel lvs will have some more advice think his wife also uses CPAP. as do quite a few others on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Is there any reason why you can't run it off your leisure batteries via a 12v socket------ thats how Pamala used to run hers---- but the humidifier does use a lot of power so try not to use that (if you have one)
If you must have a small separate battery look at mobility scooter batteries???

Upvote 0

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I ran mine off a12 volt socket as I have the 12 volt lead from our hospital,
But I now have a spare 12 volt AGM battery that I carry in our garage and just use my CPAP off this.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F
Nov 5, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for your help yes running it off the leisure battery’s and solar panel would probably be suffice for the 2 odd days we wild camp

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I run my CPAP from my leisure battery via an inverter. The amount of power consumed goes up significantly if you use it with a humidifier, which I do. Using the manufacturers converter directly from 12v would be more efficient but I like to charge phones, pads, shaver and tooth brushes overnight, so the inverter losses are there anyway.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back