Battery dimensions & Advice please (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, Can anyone out there help me find the battery dimensions of a 'Tudor' STR 720 leisure battery.
It fits in a Mclouis Lagan 410 (04 Plate). I’m fairly certain the battery has had it, after one weeks charging on a camp site plus a 4 hour drive only to find it’s lost its charge 20minutes later.
I put this down to lack of use as it spends most of it's time in a secure compound.
I’m considering purchasing tow identical leisure batteries and put the second one under the passenger seat but not sure how to connect them together. I would welcome some advice on this please.

Regards,
Philip.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
hi phillip
I can not help with the measurement, but to connect two batteries together you need to join them plus to plus & minus to minus, well worth doing. Pete:thumb:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
No battery benefits from being left flat, especially lead acid ones. Flooded cell lead acid can be ruined in a few months just due to self-discharge and in a few weeks if there are phantom loads still connected. AGMs will be OK for the best part of a year. All supposes that they are fully-charged to begin with and there are no phantom loads.

Depending on your pattern of use, you might be better removing them and taking them home where you can use a mains charger to look after them. Flat batteries also freeze at much higher temperatures than charged ones and this could also be the primary cause of the current failure.

Only reminding you of this because if you just put two new batteries in, you could well be back here in 12 months lamenting the loss of two batteries rather than just one.

Adding solar with appropriate safeguards is another way of preserving your batteries - although a panel under a foot of snow doesn't produce much charging current either.

If a second battery is placed adjacent to the original one then it would be normal not to fuse the interconnecting cable, but if they were in different compartments you should fuse both ends of the positive interconnector.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back