Battery Control Panel Ah Amp Hours Always Red (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi all,
Tested new van over last few days.
It has a fancy colourful control panel which shows how our batteries are doing.
Our old van was a basic control panel and we kept an eye on batteries as long as the read out was showing good voltage we were happy.
On this new control panel with pictures we now also see amp hours. This shows red 0%. Should we be worried about this?
Have been away for 4 days on hook up it rose to amber after driving, now home back at red.
Pics below.

Thanks Lin and Nige
WP_20150605_001.jpg

WP_20150605_003.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Where do I start?

Your indicated 13.6volts is is the charge voltage coming from the solar panel, not your battery..which would appear to be completely shot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Snazzy display! No idea re problem though, maybe its not calibrated? Must be other Autotrail owners on here who can help. Enjoy the van..

OP
OP

Deleted User
Where do I start?

Your indicated 13.6volts is is the charge voltage coming from the solar panel, not your battery..which would appear to be completely shot.
Could it be they are not connected, or not done properly.
It's a new van and we asked for a second leisure battery to be fitted before they delivered last Fri.
There is nothing in the manual to check.

Lin

OP
OP

Deleted User
Snazzy display! No idea re problem though, maybe its not calibrated? Must be other Autotrail owners on here who can help. Enjoy the van..
No idea how it would calibrate, assumed snazzy puter did it :(
Think will have to ring dealer tomorrow.
We should have tested off hook up, but just forget to unplug for one day. Then would have known a problem.
I blame Nige I was concerned about any thing showing 0% he said it was fine!

Lin :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Nige has now decided they didn't calibrate it after fitting 2nd battery. So he has reset it to 100%!
Lets hope that's all it was, though I'm not convinced it's as simple as setting your own % assuming it was 100% charged.

Lin :)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Nige has now decided they didn't calibrate it after fitting 2nd battery. So he has reset it to 100%!
Lets hope that's all it was, though I'm not convinced it's as simple as setting your own % assuming it was 100% charged.

Lin :)
That bloke is handy ha ha. I seem to remember a post a few weeks ago about someone fitting a 2nd leisure battery and having the same problem re calibration!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back