Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Always found CTEK good:
CTEK chargers are the smartest car, marine, leisure and commercial vehicle battery chargers in the World. Designed and developed in Sweden, they are highly versatile, easy to use, compact battery chargers and proven award winners*. All the products manufactured by CTEK are tested and then constructed to the highest standards, which are far in excess of those required by the top product testing agencies such as the independent testing and certification agency, TÜV Rheinland Group.
http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/?gclid=CLeOzaa4uboCFbLLtAodpGcAVw

Keith

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Firstly, a 'trickle charger' is a thing of the past. Continuously charging a battery at a fixed voltage is bad for the battery!
I must presume that you wish to leave your an on hookup and maintain your battery.
Have you identified the type of onboard charger that you have in the Rapido. Rapido have used CBE electrical components for a while now, you already might have a charger suitable for 'floating' your battery and maintaining its condition.
If not, I know halfords and Ctek make chargers that you can connect and forget, allowing the charger to look after things.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Thanks for the info, must look around to see if one is already fitted, if not its going to be as you both recommend. Thanks again.
I used to have 5 leisure batteries on my last boat with a Clarke charger set on a timer of around 20 mins a day. Worked well but one you suggest sounds great.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back