Free Member
Oct 30, 2016
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there can anyone recommend a good battery charger as I want to remove my les battery and charge at home while my mh in storage.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I use a ctek 4 step charger but some of the tech guys will be along soon. If anything it gives the thread a bump.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just to maintain it try an ALDI charger.
Safe to leave on indefinitely.
Only £13 and they have them on the shelf right now.
I use one on my ride on mower over winter which now has a 75 amp car battery....don't ask !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you're going to go to the trouble of removing the battery to charge it, you may as well get a good charger. "Intelligent" chargers, such as the C-tek will not only recharge your battery, they'll refresh it, desulphate the plates and ensure it gets a FULL charge. Cheap chargers are fine for keeping batteries topped off but cannot do anything else.
Good no cheap - cheap no good.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steve arnott

Free Member
Oct 30, 2016
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys ill order one tomorrow should have one for the other batterys anyway.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steve arnott

Free Member
Oct 30, 2016
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is there a good solar charger that can be connected directly to the les battery and left in the cab on the dash to keep battery topped up for short term use.

Upvote 0

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
:pink:
Is there a good solar charger that can be connected directly to the les battery and left in the cab on the dash to keep battery topped up for short term use.

Rather than mess about with small solar chargers in the window, and external chargers get the real thing on the roof 100 watt.You can also buy battery to battery chargers that the solar will keep both batteries topped up. No need then to take the battery out when in storage.

:pink: To the fun btw

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I second the CTEK recommendation. I have a MXS-5.0 which is brilliant.

I also use the CTEK MXS 5.0. It was recommended to me by the RAC and works really well for long term battery management (y)

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:pink:

Rather than mess about with small solar chargers in the window, and external chargers get the real thing on the roof 100 watt.You can also buy battery to battery chargers that the solar will keep both batteries topped up. No need then to take the battery out when in storage.

:pink: To the fun btw
Just take the roof off the Barn:doh:

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Often see this sort of post.. Years ago a certain family member had his own plane.. He faffed around trying various things to ensure the battery on the plane and the one he used on his fuel pump were always well charged.
Told him to buy a solar panel and stick it up on the roof of the building he kept the plane in.. Job done..........

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back