Battery cap print. (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Took the battery off the scooter the other day to charge it, on replacing the caps today one broke, bummer then thought 3D printer, so took all the measurements off one of the good ones, drew it up and printed it, it fitted a treat. Put the battery back and after a bit the scooter started, first time in nearly a year.

1611157757639.png

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Assuming you mean the cell top caps why remove them unless your topping up cells with water.
They aren't removed when being charged by the engine.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Took the battery off the scooter the other day to charge it, on replacing the caps today one broke, bummer then thought 3D printer, so took all the measurements off one of the good ones, drew it up and printed it, it fitted a treat. Put the battery back and after a bit the scooter started, first time in nearly a year.

Nice one Olley. Love to hear stories like this especially with new tech that wasn't freely available 10 years go. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Assuming you mean the cell top caps why remove them unless your topping up cells with water.
They aren't removed when being charged by the engine.
I guessed someone would find fault and as you have been picking fault with so many things just lately Papa I am not surprised it was you. Have you thought out Jim's other site crumpy whatit's might you suit better. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks grom I find it amazing what these little "chip as chips" 3D printers can do, the accuracy is amazing, Fusion 360 is a fantastic professional program free for us bodger's, designing useful/not useful stuff, and then being able to print it is great just a pity the machine is made in the PRC, but I have found a UK company in darkest Cornwall who make the filament.:giggle:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
guessed someone would find fault and as you have been picking fault with so many things just lately Papa I am not surprised it was you. Have you thought out Jim's other site crumpy whatit's might you suit better. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Not picking fault at all Ian, just wondered why you should remove the caps unless filling with water.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Not picking fault at all Ian, just wondered why you should remove the caps unless filling with water.
Just topping the water level John, didn't really need much if any.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back