May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
how good are the efoy gennys as thinking of buying one
We are very pleased with ours. Ticks away quietly topping up the battery when it is needed. No need to worry about lack of sunshine, being parked in a nice shady spot or winter use.

We did have a breakdown but there is a long back story to that. We had it installed and the installer managed to source one that had sat on someone’s shelf for 5 years. It has all been sorted out by Fuel Cell Systems of Hungerford, who are the main agent for the UK. They leant us another one whilst ours went back to Germany for warranty repairs. It has come back fully restored to an as new condition.

Would I still buy one despite this experience? A very definite YES.

Would I do things differently? YES, I would buy it direct from Fuel Cell Systems and probably install it myself. I would also think about buying the extra 3 years warranty to give it 5 years cover.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Generates are mostly hated by the MoHo community. Plus you will need to find a safe place to carry a five gallon drum of petrol.
I ALWAYS carry a generator.

I NEVER carry a 5 gallon drum of petrol.

In my experience generators are NOT mostly hated by others... especially if you parked are "off grid" and away from the "we only ever use campsites or aires" brigade.

BUT I have solar panels and as many batteries as I can fit in too.

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back