Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Well a good first two days out in the new Roadscout :D

Only one thing I have not worked out. How do you use the bathroomtap/showerhead? I seem to only be able to get water out if I hold the lever down on the shower head. So I cant get a constant stream of water. Anybody got a suggestion.

Thanks

Dave

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Just been out to try that but unfortunately theclever does not lock up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Possibly designed that way to conserve hot water.
Average 6 or 10litre boiler won't hold enough for a shower
By the time you get wet and soapy with a constant flow it will be running cold.
The idea is to get wet, then soap up, then rinse off.....same goes for just hair washing.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Yes that sounds sensible pappajohn., but the tap is also the bathroom sink tap

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The pump for the bathroom shower in our 600L Revolution is activated by a lever operated mixer tap and the shower head has a press to spray switch on the back of it and if it is pressed in, it slides into a locked open position that allows hands free operation. Our galley sink tap us a normal lever operated mixer affair with no on / off switch on the tap head

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
ah but the basin has no plug ....the basin slopes to a rectangular hole the width of the basin.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
The pump for the bathroom shower in our 600L Revolution is activated by a lever operated mixer tap and the shower head has a press to spray switch on the back of it and if it is pressed in, it slides into a locked open position that allows hands free operation. Our galley sink tap us a normal lever operated mixer affair with no on / off switch on the tap head
Ours is the same as above, change the shower/tap head for one with the lever operated on/off on the head. Or if yours has this feature can you fix it. It should push down and forwards to lock open.

I.e. Turn the mixer tap lever on on the sink and set temp, press lever down and forward (on tap head) for constant flow. That's if it's the same as ours. Idea is you can stop the flow while in the shower without needling to reach to the sink mixer lever.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
one holds the shower on, one does the soaping and rinsing. simples. (and such fun;))

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I think some of you missing the point that the head is is the shower and a tap.
Ours is the same as above, change the shower/tap head for one with the lever operated on/off on the head. Or if yours has this feature can you fix it. It should push down and forwards to lock open.

I.e. Turn the mixer tap lever on on the sink and set temp, press lever down and forward (on tap head) for constant flow. That's if it's the same as ours. Idea is you can stop the flow while in the shower without needling to reach to the sink mixer lever.

Now that was a much more helpful post is much more helpful post :)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Im not sure any of us are missing the point. Maybe a photo would help?
Here are is my combined tap / shower head.
First of all in the closed position
A730E382-4FE0-4D37-946A-E405AFA594A8.jpeg

and then in with the trigger depressed and slid forward in the locked on position
1BC74549-006D-4CC3-B306-9CBCC4C02659.jpeg

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Hello Gerry
Yes the tap is the same as yours and yes I have now managed to lock it in position :Grin:Thanks for your patience the other half is now very happy with the van..

This is why I posted in the Globecar forum as I know the fittings are generally the same.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's just converters being tight economical with hardware and plastic pipes.
Just wait until something serious goes wrong and you need a mortgage to replace the tap.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I have been there before on a previous van which is why I wanted to make sure this on was working correctly.:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just remember after a shower to 'lock' the tap lever otherwise next time you go to use the tap you'll wonder why there's no water coming out and think your pump is kn@ckered ... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Thanks Minxy

We got annoyed on Saturday night as there was an irritating noise coming from near the water tank. I turned all the electric off just to get some peace. The next morning I realised that the tap control was turned on and therefore the pump was in standby and whirring away.

All these things are there to make our life more enriched with that wonderful activity of motorhome problem solving

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back