LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
During our last trip out, we found that the plastic around the bathroom sink plug hole was disintegrating. A common problem with Hymers of our vintage. Some duct tape and a bowl provided us with a temporary solution whilst we worked out the cost and size of job to fix or replace. Fortunately, after a chat with Peter Hambilton, we were booked in to have a new waste trap fitted which would cover the old disintegrated aperture - we were already booked in to have an additional solar installed and so this 'mod' fitted well into the work schedule.

Some pics of before and after in case it's useful for anyone in the same predicament.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 45
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It's one of the jobs on my list currently. I bought a load of fibre glass and resin. I will be dismantling the shower tray and sink to reinforce them to prevent this happening. Already had one go and want to prevent it in future.

I think that manufacturers should be doing something about this up front however that isn't going to happen so from now on I will be taking precautionary measures.

Looks like a good job on yours. Did they reinforce the back before fitting the new plug holes?

OP
OP
Kim H

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Not sure if the back was reinforced in any way, however Peter assured us that it's a mod he performs quite regularly! It's a larger and much more robust plug hole than the original and he's bedded it in with sealant. It's a shame that the plastic in this age of Hymer is so fragile and degrades over time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back