Bathroom fixed and rear apron sealed in to protect the lights (1 Viewer)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I moaned about the abysmal design and products used by cheapskate, money grabbing, coach builders and so I have redone to my own satisfaction what perhaps I may(only may) have got if I spent a bit more initially ??

Actually having looked at many a van and even some brand new ones costing eyewatering lumps of dosh and they have the same crap and shoddy finish. You rich guys part with your money easy. Encourages those chancers to get away with it.

Anyway my two projects.

Bathroom - ripped out the paper tissue like shower tray and replaced it with a high density foam backed acrylic topped tray from Wickes. Then lined entire washroom with 3mm acrylic tile effect sheeting. Still to fit rails to take shower curtains to protect access door and one to protect blinds and window. Fitting magnets to walls and curtain bottoms to prevent curtain "attacks"

Backskirt - where tail light fittings, numberplate lights etc were all exposed to elements (bare wires !!) s..t and snot being thrown up and back at some speed by wheels. What clown designed it and buffoon of a product manager passed this, beggars belief. This is not just an Elddis load of nonsense, same on very expensive new vans :Eeek:

I cut to size some upvc barge board the stuff with a lip to attach plastic soffits. Made it in two parts for easy taking it all apart for access. All stainless steel screws. (I have been all over my babies bottom replacing rusting screws with stainless ones.) In the absence of a stay to prevent the rear skirt wobbling at speed( I have a movement crack on one edge of the number plate recess) I have made one from some aluminium. Management probably got a mega bonus for leaving that off. Any way that is two jobs down. Rear mudflap arrangement is not to my liking so that may be next.

Forgot photos, to follow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
My post

The photos probably self explanatory.
Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• DSC_3865.jpg
    DSC_3865.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_3867.jpg
    DSC_3867.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_3885.jpg
    DSC_3885.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_3887.jpg
    DSC_3887.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_3891.jpg
    DSC_3891.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 65

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Bathroom looks great, good job

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Nice job mate, hope u used A4 stainless steel, looking at your work am sure u did
And your right I bought a new van, had a leak started to investigate and was surprised by what I found, poor workmanship and lack of attention to detail

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
That’s a good job behind the bumper, mine’s like a rats nest of wiring and accumulated road dirt. I have wrapped a lot of the connections with self amalgamating tape but that soffit board looks the way to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back