BASTARDS (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Most vehicles these days have a fuel cut-off which trips in a collision?. tap into the wiring with a switch hidden (only you know where) and ??. maybe that is the answer? OR wire the supply to the fuel pump relay, through a hidden switch?

BTW. My tracker has the facility to switch the fuel pump OFF remotely.

Pete
I have a switch that turns of the fuel pump solenoid but if thay can't find the essay start my vans going no where Ther agane who would want to stell a thirty year old van
Bill

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Just rung Eddie for a quote,waiting for call back.
You won't regret it. Our Transit locks were drilled out, but learnt since there's a device that will mimic your key !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Just had a call from my daughter that someone on Facebook has seena similar van heading South in Lewes-mmm is it on way to Newhaven?

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
It's as if thieves are a different species , they must have no conscience at all but on the other hand they must have ' treasured ' possessions that would sadden them if they were stolen ? Twunts.

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Is it being tracked there ?
tracker signal seems to be blocked these are reports from eyewitnesses.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Just had a call from my daughter that someone on Facebook has seena similar van heading South in Lewes-mmm is it on way to Newhaven?

Maybe worth a call to East Sussex Police / Port authorities to see if they'll assist ?

It's probably on false plates by now I guess

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
The power of the internet is so good lets hope someone spots it and the toerags are locked up for a long time

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
It must be a devastating experience. Hope the power of internet tracks them

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
This experience doesn't tempt me, in any way, to get a tracker fitted.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Trackers can be jammed but they have helped recover vehicles so for the sake of £20 or so + a sim and a bit of credit, I would suggest that they are worth while. I don't have experience of them though but am planning to get one.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Another thing with my new Hymer to do is that which I did with my oddesee was to etch the registration or VIN on all the seitz plastic windows, it cannot be removed and the windows would cost a bomb to replace, same thing on other plastic parts. I used a very hot sharp pointed electric soldering iron just be careful and it does a quite neat job if you do no t rush the point and allow it to melt the way around.
The captains chair for the driver reversed, and padlocked in place is another major annoyance to the tealeaves, it is difficult to drive like that. You cannot stop the Bastards but you can slow them down enough to load the shotgun. I worry about the super Catalytic convertor and filter system being stolen until I can make a shield for it.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I was thinking of police stopping relevant vehicles and looking for the thieves and checking the VIN number or is that too much to ask these days!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Maybe not but it does prompt ME to fit my little tracker that I track as well as the super expensive company tracked one the insurers demand. That way the thieves find the proper one in the proper place and rip it out leaving my little black box one alone, as they would probably not look for two.
All hidden up in a sneaky place that I know.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Maybe not but it does prompt ME to fit my little tracker that I track as well as the super expensive company tracked one the insurers demand. That way the thieves find the proper one in the proper place and rip it out leaving my little black box one alone, as they would probably not look for two.
All hidden up in a sneaky place that I know.

But don't they use a electronic blocker/jamming device? Its not a question of them finding it and ripping it out!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
A couple of years ago a chap was out of the country on business. His near neighbour/friend commutes to his business by helicopter. He flew over mate's property one morning and saw his caravan being towed out of the drive. He phoned the police who eventually caught up with the Itinerant thieves. Police stopped them and were presented with a handwritten 'receipt'. Police apologised and let them carry on their way. Caravan was never seen again....

OP's MH has probably already left Holyhead ........................

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
But don't they use a electronic blocker/jamming device? Its not a question of them finding it and ripping it out!
Some modern trackers now use rf(radio) gsm(mobile phone) and gps technology to try and get around jammers.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Seems the best things to have are immobilisers and the Vanbitz immobiliser gizmo though that is obviously too late for the OP.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back