LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi all, Must tell you about our barn find camper.
We were visiting an old friend in Ouda Pekela,Holland,last week who owns quite a large camper dealership there. He was saying that he had sold a lot of new campers recently and therfore had an unusual amount of older tradins. As we were having a coffee and chat an elderly couple arrived in a 1990 VW LT28 diesel which looked like it just left the factory. Ron said,here comes another,so we looked at each other and stayed whilst the elderly couple took delivery of the new van.
We then went to look at the VW,it has done 70000kms from new with full service history and it turns out they had it from new,taking a trip once a year for 2 weeks holls,then putting it back into there barn.
It has been serviced twice yearly by the local VW agent from new.
Completly unmarked inside and out.
Neadless to say I asked how much Ron had allowed on the trade in,he said 4700 euros,OK says I will you take your money back...Yes says he ,so we are now the second owner,and another oldtimer is added to the fleet.
I dont realy know much about the 6 cylinder non turbo VW engine,but so anyone with any knowledge will be much appreciated.
We will not be selling the Tiffin as yet,and hope to use the VW for short breaks and traveling back and forth from the UK and Holland.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i have owned three vw LT campers .one petrol ,one none turbo .and one turbo.
keep a eye on the seems that run vertical they are prone to rust.
there was a LT club lots of info there .also self build club have Lt members.
glow plugs are a pig to change ,need to take seats out to get to engine cover to work on engine .make shore you keep running it they are very expensive for parts ,
we had a lot of fun in the Lt traveling all over europe .loved them .:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,thanks for the info,its a coachbuilt,so only the cab is steel.
There is a system that you can pull a handle under the seat and the whole seat tips out through the open door which I thought was quite ingenious.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back