Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Went to barmouth last weekend and had the whole site to ourselfs :Smile:
Not been for a couple of years and it did seem alot quieter than normal.Weather was good so was expecting it to be quite busy.
We stayed at tallybont,as you go over the railway bridge the first site on the right.Just a field,showerblock and ehu £25 a night,so not cheap but worth everypenny for all that room ::bigsmile:
Dave

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Hi

We like Barmouth, we were down in the Gower last week, some days were that hot our Brenda looked like a lobster by Monday, got to say the Gower is a paradise golden sands everywhere and most deserted.

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi,to both of you ,hope you had a good time and got plenty of exercise on that lecky bike of yours.
dave and kaz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
Went to barmouth last weekend ehu £25 a night,so not cheap but worth everypenny for all that room ::bigsmile: Dave

£25 :Eeek: what a rip-off . . . now you know why we go over the Channel.

We went to Barmouth a couple of years ago, parked way up the end a mile or so from the town centre, the car park was empty, at 8am next morning their was a thumping on the van, the car park attendant ranting about 'bloody gipsys' . . I nearly floored him. The trouble with Barmouth is they don't want you to stay unless its on a campsite, why ? . . my guess is that the local councillors must own the campsites.

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Rip-off price that - You sure it wasn't £2.50?

We stopped going to Barmouth years after finding everyone in the local pub reverted to Welsh when a 'foreigner' walked in.

So that'll be 35 years worth of two family's spending lost.

Only thing going for the place were the stunning sand-dunes.

BW

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Hi,to both of you ,hope you had a good time and got plenty of exercise on that lecky bike of yours.
dave and kaz

We had a lovely time, we moved around every couple of days and the only place that we didn't take to was Port Eynon. That bike of mine got me up a hill at three cliffs bay with 12 cans of carling in the saddle bags and a little fat bloke on the saddle.

Hey if you and Kaz were the only 2 on the site who did you borrow your crockery of?
and yes £25 is a lot of money but i would pay it, time is at a premium to us as i know it is for you 2 so when we get the time to go away for the weekend i like to look book and hook up if i can.

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
thats a lot of money!

:Doh::Sad::Angry: think they saw you coming at £25 a nite .

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
If the site was full i would have parked in a layby,but for 5 of us and a big empty field worth every penny :Smile:
Dave
P.s chris and brenda good to see you using the forum,have to meet again sometime.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back