Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Just back from local Aldi and on sale tomorrow is a Garmin Sat Nav, Nuvi 2517LM for £89.99. It looks like a bargain as the same one is £166 on amazon but they had no reviews for that model.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
£129 at Currys, full spec can be seen here..

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
jacks girls

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Thanks, think I might invest in one since I've been using co-pilot on my phone but don't always believe its directions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Good sat nav and a bargain..

but I think it is only UK and ROI mapping ?

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Oh no, not another sat nav thread.
I`ll end up with a dozen sat navs .
Non make sense to an old Duffer like me. I sometimes wonder, why, when I drive on the motorway for instance , cars whiz past with sat navs glued to their centre of vision on the windscreen, when the last message that was relayed, was "Follow the road for 130 miles."
They have their uses, I have no doubt.
But why blindly (and I use the term advisedly) follow them when it is painfully obvious where you are going.
Would you for instance glue a road map in the middle of your windscreen?

Before you all have a go at me, I do own 2 sat navs. one at least 10 years old and the other a Chinese truck model.
Neither attached to the windscreen, by the way.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have a garmin Nuvi can't remember the model 350 or something like that, we have now had it for about 7 years and its been a great bit of kit we purchased the lifetime updates a few years back when they had a deal on. This allows us to update four times a year I normally just do it before our summer hols.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I'm with you David. They have their uses but I use maps as well - I want to know where I'm going and check I'm not missing out on anything interesting slightly off-route :thumb:

Phil

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Oh no, not another sat nav thread.
I`ll end up with a dozen sat navs .
Non make sense to an old Duffer like me. I sometimes wonder, why, when I drive on the motorway for instance , cars whiz past with sat navs glued to their centre of vision on the windscreen, when the last message that was relayed, was "Follow the road for 130 miles."
They have their uses, I have no doubt.
But why blindly (and I use the term advisedly) follow them when it is painfully obvious where you are going.
Would you for instance glue a road map in the middle of your windscreen?

Before you all have a go at me, I do own 2 sat navs. one at least 10 years old and the other a Chinese truck model.
Neither attached to the windscreen, by the way.:thumb:

Lets talk about GAS ATTACKS instead.....BUSBY::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My garmin failed to fire up one morning last year..

Garmin being the excellent folk they are said they will arrange to have it collected and deliver a replacement at the same time..

A few days later I was contacted by the Garmin customer service who said it was not under warranty and and I would have to pay a service charge ..

When asked why they told me it had been subject to a gas attack and did eventually wake up but Danial ( English male voice ) had splitting headache and for a whikle spoke with slurred speach

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have loaded into my Sat Navs the locations of all confirmed gas attacks as POI's so I can safely avoid them......

It did not take me long to do at all....
:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sat Navs are great when you are looking for an address in a place you have never been before. I always check the map first and carry it with me "just in case". The car has a sat nav built in as standard (but I've never updated it at £100 plus a year). I was pleasantly surprised at just how good it is and how useful when I am "lone driving" or with a friend who is definitely directionally challenged.

At "T" junction
Me: "Which way?"
Friend "Ummmmm, not sure where we are"
Me "I thought you were following the map"
Friend "I am but I still don't know exactly where we are. Think we need to go that way" Pointing through a gate into a field.

I pulled into a layby and found not only was friend on wrong map page but had been following the road south and not north. In mitigation the friend is from the USA and was here on holiday.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
They are very useful for getting out of big cities in Spain etc,where signposts are few and far between!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back