Barcelona Bandits (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for the heads up on the Bandits. We have been around Barcelona a few times in the past 3 years with no problems, other than the Satnav continually sending us on a new section of the ring road that was not yet completed !!!
As for campsites we stay here,

It is an Acsi site North of Barcelona but has a free bus service into the city direct from the site. (Places on the Bus need to be booked the day before)
The pitches can be a bit tight as is the access on the site, but we managed to squeeze in with a 7.5m unit with a toad.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
It seems some of you think these stories about Barcelona are passed on and exaggerated.

In 8 years here is my total experience of theft or attempted theft. In Madrid they stole my bike off the back of the van. Lesson learned, need stronger locks. In France at Lidl they attempted to steal my bikes but locks held.

In Barcelona they tried to steal my bike but I caught them.
In Barcelona they tried to steal my bike bag but I caught them.
In Barcelona they tried to jimmy my drivers door but the lock held
In Barcelona they waved me down and put a map in front of me asking for directions. Luckily there was nothing worth stealing within reach. Only later did I realise what they were up to.
In Barcelona they robbed us during the night and got away with 300 euros.

No more Barcelona for me.

I now anticipate theft and risk much better than I used to.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It seems some of you think these stories about Barcelona are passed on and exaggerated.

In 8 years here is my total experience of theft or attempted theft. In Madrid they stole my bike off the back of the van. Lesson learned, need stronger locks. In France at Lidl they attempted to steal my bikes but locks held.

In Barcelona they tried to steal my bike but I caught them.
In Barcelona they tried to steal my bike bag but I caught them.
In Barcelona they tried to jimmy my drivers door but the lock held
In Barcelona they waved me down and put a map in front of me asking for directions. Luckily there was nothing worth stealing within reach. Only later did I realise what they were up to.
In Barcelona they robbed us during the night and got away with 300 euros.

No more Barcelona for me.

I now anticipate theft and risk much better than I used to.
It is not a new thing, I stopped going to the Costa Brava some years ago when the place became overrun with blatant thieves from across the water. They would steal absolutely anything. I used to sit on my van roof watching them do the rounds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Bikes are tempting for a thief. That's why we travel with perfectly serviceable and well maintained classic bikes which are over 25 years old. They are lightweight (Reynolds tubing) and good workhorses, but they are old-fashioned and rusty and so the thieves are unlikely to want them! ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back