Bank of England to report on rate today (1 Viewer)

The Bank of England should:-

• Put the Rate UP

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Put the Rate DOWN

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Leave the Rate AS IT IS

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Its that time again when the Bank of England sets the interest rate, what do you think it should do.

Up - Down - Leave it as it is

I personally think it should be left as it is or raised, as the lowering of it doesn't appear to be making any positive effect, other than having a disastrous effect on savings.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,

Its that time again when the Bank of England sets the interest rate, what do you think it should do.

Up - Down - Leave it as it is

I personally think it should be left as it is or raised, as the lowering of it doesn't appear to be making any positive effect, other than having a disastrous effect on savings.

Looks like a governmental "knee-jerk" reaction to the current economic climate, hoping to boost consumer confidence and spending, which, as you say, does not seem to be working.

Have you transferred any savings elsewhere as a result?

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I am still looking for somewhere else, have you any good suggestions?

Looks like a governmental "knee-jerk" reaction to the current economic climate, hoping to boost consumer confidence and spending, which, as you say, does not seem to be working.

Have you transferred any savings elsewhere as a result?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I wish.....Seems like most countries are floundering at the moment....

Is it just me, but It all seems to have occurred the same time as oil costs hit record highs.

What came first?
Is one a direct result of the other.I see Fuel prices are creeping up again.... :Doh:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I think that most countries are.

Maybe time to clear out under the mattress ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Seriously though, the savings returns are hitting our most vulnerable citizens hard........PENSIONERS.

Dropping rates any further will just make life harder for them with no discernable benefit for any other people

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, and there must be some truth in it as Barclays Bank went to the middle east to secure its additional funding so they appear to have an excess of money there.

I wish.....Seems like most countries are floundering at the moment....

Is it just me, but It all seems to have occurred the same time as oil costs hit record highs.

What came first?
Is one a direct result of the other.I see Fuel prices are creeping up again.... :Doh:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
According to the radio house prices rose last month by just over 1%

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Both of my credit card companies have put up my interest rates on a fixed rate balance transfers. Stating that in the present economic climate it is costing them more money to borrow it.

I think they have just got the excuse they need to start putting the squeeze on to those that they have lured in with low interest rates.

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back