alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Heres another overnighter ,beach parking secluded and friendly ,local pubs 5 mins walk . No signs last year stoping overnighting .

These are my favourite weekend breaks for chilling out so dont all come at once :thumb::thumb: beautifull .Alan

Sorry !! Just been told (see below ) Barriers and hight restrcitions now installed ,I will check this year,what a shame really luvly spot restricted ,I wonder why they have done it?? however there are two large pullins just up from beach Parking not sure if they have been altered just follow road for a few hundred yards..

Zoom right in and google will show you actual pictures of area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...2075,-1.717692&spn=0.002409,0.008256&t=h&z=18

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We stayed here at Glororum a couple of years ago. Nothing much at the site itself, although good for cycling, and next time stayed at Wareham Farm (or something like that). It was ok but if you don't want the pool and bar etc, then it was a waste of time but I still loved Bamburgh and the Copper Kettle is great for a cream tea. Good stopping off point before Berwick upon Tweed.

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I think you might find that the two car parks along the Wynding now have overnight parking restrictions and height barriers :Sad:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Never !! we were only there last year ,when did they install barriers ??

What about the two pullins further up??

Alan

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The two roadside pull ins are OK (at the moment), but the "Carparks" were fitted with the base posts for height barriers last summer - haven't been back, but the Guy from Bamburgh Castle stated that the barriers were toe installed. There was a longish thread on the subject last year - do a search for Bamburgh :Smile:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
What a shame

what a shame it was a great spot had some luvly times there, never ever any hassle or mess,just quite and peacefull . Wonder why they have done it>??:Sad::Sad:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
What about the car park opposite the castle, last time I stayed , I just paid for 24 hr parking.
Admit it was pay & display.

Don

Skypilot

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
A Class.
Exp
Newcomer.
Heres another overnighter ,beach parking secluded and friendly ,local pubs 5 mins walk . No signs last year stoping overnighting .

These are my favourite weekend breaks for chilling out so dont all come at once :thumb::thumb: beautifull .Alan

Sorry !! Just been told (see below ) Barriers and hight restrcitions now installed ,I will check this year,what a shame really luvly spot restricted ,I wonder why they have done it?? however there are two large pullins just up from beach Parking not sure if they have been altered just follow road for a few hundred yards..

Zoom right in and google will show you actual pictures of area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...2075,-1.717692&spn=0.002409,0.008256&t=h&z=18

Well heres our old girl parked up in the vicinity, didn't overnight as we were booked on Waren Mill but I didn't see any signs to say that we couldn't!!! This was in October last year, a week before She got "sorned"!!

Attachments

• 089.JPG
    089.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 21

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread