Baltic Wharf To Remain Open (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We've got 2 weeks there in September - time to enjoy the museums, art galleries, shopping, eating, drinking & live music venues, drive down to the coast, maybe Glastonbury, Cheddar & Bath or just sit on the harbour wall with a bottle of wine watching the world go by :)

Then there's Christmas...... :)

Good for you. Living down here in Somerset we often put off visiting the local delights. Don't forget Wells, Lovely little City with fantastic Cathedral, Bishops Palace which is surrounded by a moat and where the swans ring the bell for their meals, Vicars Close, oldest inhabited terraced street in Europe and lovely markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On your way (by bus?) from Bristol to Glastonbury.......what a contrast...weirdoooooes!! Then onto Street Village for more shopping!! Have a great time. ::bigsmile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Good for you. Living down here in Somerset we often put off visiting the local delights. Don't forget Wells, Lovely little City with fantastic Cathedral, Bishops Palace which is surrounded by a moat and where the swans ring the bell for their meals, Vicars Close, oldest inhabited terraced street in Europe and lovely markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On your way (by bus?) from Bristol to Glastonbury.......what a contrast...weirdoooooes!! Then onto Street Village for more shopping!! Have a great time. ::bigsmile:

Last time I went to Wells, I gave up because I couldn't park anywhere! There was a designated carpark for vans but it was full of cars. I WILL try again :)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Last time I went to Wells, I gave up because I couldn't park anywhere! There was a designated carpark for vans but it was full of cars. I WILL try again :)

Hi Janine. I will PM you later rather than hijack this thread. :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
:( 8mtr length restriction.ours is 8.8mtrs.who says size is not important:cool: shame would have liked to have visited .
Brian & Jo

We stayed there Brian, and their was one bigger than us, a 34 footer if I remember right, over by the back wall, plenty of room, just phone and talk to the warden.

Ian

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OI.... Who are you calling a wierdo? :)
upload_2015-7-31_19-3-6.jpeg

I LOVE glastonbury and spend most of my time there. Just got back there tonight from Wells where I was the only person in the car park overnight ... brilliant... Second home there in two little tea shops too ... but Glastonbury is right up my street and I love it, love the strangeness, love the magic and the non-judgemental people, the openness of the people. . Sat in the countryside there now with just two cows in the field for company .. happy. :)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi Movan. Do we call you Mo or was that someone else?!!
Good to hear you are nearby, we are in Upper Coxley, between Glasto and Wells. Love it, got three Alpacas in the orchard behind us to keep us company...Yes, my avitar is one of them.
Glastonbury is great. Never see much hassle and when you walk through the town it is a very calming experience... as it is all around here.
What outfit do you have?, must keep my eyes open for you as you wander between the two towns...:smiley:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We stayed there Brian, and their was one bigger than us, a 34 footer if I remember right, over by the back wall, plenty of room, just phone and talk to the warden.

Ian
Thanks for that Ian ,will do.(y)
Brian & Jo

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I go past this site every morning - great news it's CC lease is being extended.

However, the 'tinker' society is getting very interested (so's the council) in the potential of an 'integration site'......... The first 'model city integration site' in Europe,,,,,, the red trouser wearing mayor will be shite proud of that accolade.

Spot the Looney.

Broken Link Removed

You heard it here first.

Trikeman.;)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hoorah can visit family and have a central place to stay, saves on taxis :thanks4:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Movan. Do we call you Mo or was that someone else?!!
Good to hear you are nearby, we are in Upper Coxley, between Glasto and Wells. Love it, got three Alpacas in the orchard behind us to keep us company...Yes, my avitar is one of them.
Glastonbury is great. Never see much hassle and when you walk through the town it is a very calming experience... as it is all around here.
What outfit do you have?, must keep my eyes open for you as you wander between the two towns...:smiley:

Hello sunshine. what outfits do I have..? MMmm well, it depends where I am .. I can do posh, or ordinary everyday, but when in Glastonbury I usually wear the current trend of baggy trousers or Moroccan baby-catchers as @Carol calls them :) or long hippy dresses and skirts. If not in this mode I usually wear a cowboy hat and boots .. oh sorry, you mean motorhome :) :) :) It is a blue and silver Burstner... you probably have seen me driving through the beautiful Wells as I love it.. wish I could afford a property there ... and I too struggled to find somewhere to park like Janine, for ages.. until a local pointed the place I stayed to me.

(PS love the avatar :))

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back