Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Thats a bit of good news Gellyneck its a very good site and one which we will be going to again ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
How do you book a pitch there. In two years have never found a Friday & Saturday free on the same week.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Fantastic news, love this site :) does anyone know when they will open bookings?

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
For those of you who are not fans of the Caravan Club, and I know there are many. If you haven't been to Baltic Wharf you won't understand why some of us are so excited about this news.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I must go.

I spent 4 years in Bristol but haven't been back since 1987.

I bet it has changed.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
I see Caravan Club have just reached an agreement with Bristol Council for a further three years lease on Baltic Wharf site.
Bookings for post August to open shortly.

What is your source ? I can't find anything confirming this , link ? cheers !

Sorry just found it ! Brilliant news ! Thanks for posting it up !

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
You can find it on the CC under club together - discussions - uk sites and touring

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
They were going to build a school on it so public money, no developers involved.

Yes, that was what they said.. but with flats selling around Baltic Wharf for £500,000 .. and money being tight.. maybe they have reconsidered..

Broken Link Removed

"The council is working hard to look at the feasibility of using this site for education and that work is still ongoing. In the meantime, the Caravan Club lease has been extended by a year and we are working with the club to find them an alternative site."

Despite the extended lease, visitors to the campsite expressed their disappointment at the imminent closure on the caravan club's website. They speculated that the site could be used for housing rather than a school.

One wrote: "It is of course a pity this site is due to close after August 2015 where I understand the Bristol City Council are selling the land for private development. It will be a big loss to the club in such a central location with easy access to the city."

Read more: Broken Link Removed
Follow us: Link Removed | Link Removed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes, that was what they said.. but with flats selling around Baltic Wharf for £500,000 .. and money being tight.. maybe they have reconsidered..

Broken Link Removed

"The council is working hard to look at the feasibility of using this site for education and that work is still ongoing. In the meantime, the Caravan Club lease has been extended by a year and we are working with the club to find them an alternative site."

Despite the extended lease, visitors to the campsite expressed their disappointment at the imminent closure on the caravan club's website. They speculated that the site could be used for housing rather than a school.

One wrote: "It is of course a pity this site is due to close after August 2015 where I understand the Bristol City Council are selling the land for private development. It will be a big loss to the club in such a central location with easy access to the city."

Read more: Broken Link Removed
Follow us: Link Removed | Link Removed

Hadn't see that :( Typical of the lunatic that's in charge of Bristol City Council.

OP
OP
Gellyneck

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Baltic Wharf now open for bookings on CC website. Better be quick, it's filling up fast!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
:( 8mtr length restriction.ours is 8.8mtrs.who says size is not important:cool: shame would have liked to have visited .
Brian & Jo

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Managed to get a few days from 13th October. Good to see it has a second breath...even if it is only for a short while. Looking forward to seeing the new dockside, not been for a few years. :happy::smiley:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
3 weeks Janine!! What will you get up to?!!::bigsmile:

We've got 2 weeks there in September - time to enjoy the museums, art galleries, shopping, eating, drinking & live music venues, drive down to the coast, maybe Glastonbury, Cheddar & Bath or just sit on the harbour wall with a bottle of wine watching the world go by :)

Then there's Christmas...... :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back