Baltic Wharf Bristol... (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Excellent. We've stayed several times. The site isn't the prettiest, think sheltered car park. But you have everything on the doorstep & Bristol is great.
@Anthea M Anthea has just spent the last few days there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
If you can get on it's a great site for visiting Bristol. You can either walk in via a pleasant walk past the SS Great Britain or alternatively, the water taxi picks up right outside the gate.

Facilities onsite are clean, it's not a site for fantastic views but most definitely functional; certainly no complaints from us(y)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Have been once but a few years ago. Excellent spot for visiting the city and the SS Great Britain Just beside it . Good pub outside the back gate or at least it was . Have heard it is usually booked up way on advance so good luck

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Very nice site for exploring the city

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Yes Great for theater pubs clubs sight seeing harbor heritage zoo Clifton bridge and many other things. The site is enclosed & secure. Enjoy(y)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
As others have said really
Don't be put off by the drive in by the campsite
Site itself is like a sheltered car park but once out through the secret gate your on the harbour
Nice stroll in to Bristol
We were there last summer and are returning this Xmas
Can't wait

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Charlie we were there but back home today! Visit if you can before it is she filed to close . The floating harbour is great to walk round or the river taxi that takes you to town allows dogs on .
The SS great Britain is well worth a visit as is the Clifton Bridge .
We love it and have been going for 6 years on the CandMC site.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Very functional if not the most attractive. Exit by the back gate onto the waters edge for nice walk with dog into centre .. many nice bars along the waters edge and if the National Photographic exhibition on it is is well worth a visit. Good eat all you want restaurants and theatres and shops and art exhibitions and Banksy grafiti around the town... diverse mix of people...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Charlie we were there but back home today! Visit if you can before it is she filed to close . The floating harbour is great to walk round or the river taxi that takes you to town allows dogs on .
The SS great Britain is well worth a visit as is the Clifton Bridge .
We love it and have been going for 6 years on the CandMC site.
Not the best weather to visit, hope you enjoyed your stay in spite of it.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I can recommend the Avon Centre of CC (still to get used to CMC) rally at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Very functional if not the most attractive. Exit by the back gate onto the waters edge for nice walk with dog into centre .. many nice bars along the waters edge and if the National Photographic exhibition on it is is well worth a visit. Good eat all you want restaurants and theatres and shops and art exhibitions and Banksy grafiti around the town... diverse mix of people...
Wildlife Photographer of Year exhibition currently on in Mshed. Free entrance to museum but extra charge for the exhibition.
Well worth taking bus or stiff walk up to Clifton Village for great views of Gorge and independent shops etc.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wildlife Photographer of Year exhibition currently on in Mshed. Free entrance to museum but extra charge for the exhibition.
Well worth taking bus or stiff walk up to Clifton Village for great views of Gorge and independent shops etc.

I can't believe the quality of some of the child entrants' photographs. Amazing. :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Going off thread now, aren't we? But yes, the photographs are amazing. Was going to take my grandson yesterday but decided not to risk anything on the roads or anywhere else outside and stayed tucked up inside.!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The approach through the city is not the most pleasant and, although we didn't, it would be easy to take the wrong turning. Site brilliant for the city as others have said but we didn't find it very dog friendly as ours doesn't like drops or edges, in this case the waters edge. Dreary walk around the back streets for necessary jobs once or twice a day. :rolleyes:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The approach through the city is not the most pleasant and, although we didn't, it would be easy to take the wrong turning. Site brilliant for the city as others have said but we didn't find it very dog friendly as ours doesn't like drops or edges, in this case the waters edge. Dreary walk around the back streets for necessary jobs once or twice a day. :rolleyes:
Best approach is from M5 at Avonmouth and follow A4 along riverside and under suspension bridge. Then over harbour bridge direction Weston Super Mare but take a left soon over sighnposted SS Great Britain. Site not far along on left.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Went in January, walked out of the secret gate and was met by this stunning atmospheric view....

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 20.07.37.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 20.07.56.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 20.08.17.png

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Fantastic photos by cornish boy.

I once lived on the opposite side of the harbour. My old house is one of those in the multicoloured terrace going up the hill in the 2nd photo. The CC site is in a great location, and I recommend the yellow ferry that takes you right to the Centre. I used it to commute to the office when the weather was nice.

The City Council wants the site back from the CC so use it while you still can. I heard that it is earmarked for a new primary school. River on one side, harbour on the other ... what could possibly go wrong?

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Many thanks everyone. We are visiting my daughter who lives in central Bristol so looking for somewhere to stay.
Bearing in mind we will have the wee IQ on the back do you think going deep into the city is viable or should we consider somewhere out of the city a bit ?

Thanks again !

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I can't believe the quality of some of the child entrants' photographs. Amazing. :)

Way off topic here..... Your avatar reminds me of a scary ( for me ) episode that happened many years ago.

Charlie was doing a total renovation of a cottage in deepest Hetefordshire. The toilet was.... well shall we say basic. Having had beans with a fried breakfast the inevitable visit to the loo took place. After the main event I reached for the Andrex..... now at this point I should point out I'm absolutely scared to death of spiders !!!!! Andrex in hand I saw inside the roll the biggest bloody spider man has ever encountered!!! I of course screamed like a girl and threw the roll in the air which went the other end of the room. Spider stayed inside..... what was I to do ???????

To quote Rick Mayal in the young ones.....

Dirty pants clean botty dirty duvet dirty mind ......:D2

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed there a few years back. The warden was a stickler for keeping you on the peg. I think he's passed on now so I don't know what the warden is like now. Oh and keep your valuables locked up. An awning had stuff stolen from it . The wardens think someone climbed the back gate. We cycled to the city a few times. We enjoyed it except for for the peg incident where he made us move 6 inches to get in the peg. . Is very hard to get a booking, it's booker up for months ahead. We were lucky to get a couple of days in the week. Twice.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We saw a tag hymer with a smart toad when we were there just need to be careful on turning into the actual site but I'm sure you'll be fine

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
There were tag axle's with Toad's on the site when we were there in January.

Wardens were very friendly, no issues at all.

As already said it gets booked up well in advance so don't wait till the last minute.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Way off topic here..... Your avatar reminds me of a scary ( for me ) episode that happened many years ago.

Charlie was doing a total renovation of a cottage in deepest Hetefordshire. The toilet was.... well shall we say basic. Having had beans with a fried breakfast the inevitable visit to the loo took place. After the main event I reached for the Andrex..... now at this point I should point out I'm absolutely scared to death of spiders !!!!! Andrex in hand I saw inside the roll the biggest bloody spider man has ever encountered!!! I of course screamed like a girl and threw the roll in the air which went the other end of the room. Spider stayed inside..... what was I to do ???????

To quote Rick Mayal in the young ones.....

Dirty pants clean botty dirty duvet dirty mind ......:D2

Lol. That had me laughing out loud as I sit here..... The spider probably woke up with a bump when you threw him and then nodded off again ... whilst you still suffer to this day.
Don't let anyone say don't be silly ... I feel your pain. :)

If I wasn't highjacking a thread I would tell you about Debs' Jane and myself at the Bristol meet ... and dah dah .. the spider. ;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The City Council wants the site back from the CC so use it while you still can. I heard that it is earmarked for a new primary school. River on one side, harbour on the other ... what could possibly go wrong?

Is that threat back again for CC?:unsure: Think the lease was extended to mid 2018 so may be back around again.?:unsure:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Many thanks everyone. We are visiting my daughter who lives in central Bristol so looking for somewhere to stay.
Bearing in mind we will have the wee IQ on the back do you think going deep into the city is viable or should we consider somewhere out of the city a bit ?

Thanks again !
If you follow @Riverbankannie 's directions you'll be fine. Baltic Wharf's an easy 20min drive from the M5.
I think your biggest problem will be getting a pitch. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Lol. That had me laughing out loud as I sit here..... The spider probably woke up with a bump when you threw him and then nodded off again ... whilst you still suffer to this day.
Don't let anyone say don't be silly ... I feel your pain. :)

If I wasn't highjacking a thread I would tell you about Debs' Jane and myself at the Bristol meet ... and dah dah .. the spider. ;)

Well you gotta tell us now !!!!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you follow @Riverbankannie 's directions you'll be fine. Baltic Wharf's an easy 20min drive from the M5.
I think your biggest problem will be getting a pitch. Enjoy!
Yes, current Bristol centre roadworks for new metro system are making usual bad traffic situation a nightmare so best to avoid even if it means passing the M32 junction and travelling around on the M4 to M5.
The route in from Avonmouth is much more scenic as well.
If you cannot get a pitch, then there are some CLs betweeen Bristol and Bath.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back