Bakers complete availability in europe (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I can recommend after 13 years of testing this food

Surely a man of your means can afford to eat human food? I know that times are tough but if is is that bad then we could do a “go fund me” to buy Buttons a lamb chop or two. ;)

Sorry could not resist

Not sorry :)

Seriously, it pays to look at the label for protein content and additives plus determine the best food for the type of dog. It really is a case of experimentation but always change diet gradually unless you like clearing up the squits

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I
Surely a man of your means can afford to eat human food? I know that times are tough but if is is that bad then we could do a “go fund me” to buy Buttons a lamb chop or two. ;)
Sorry could not resist
Not sorry :)
I'm all for a "go fund me" DD(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We’re buying from different places to keep costs down, so I’ll buy, 20kg of chicken wings, from somewhere and beef hearts or minced turkey carcass from somewhere else But to get the balance right between muscle meat, offal and bone etc requires a bit of thought.

These guys sell raw frozen. Complete no hassle meals but I’ve not used them
<Broken link removed>.

If you’d like to buy fresh meals complete making it hassle free then I’ve heard and read really good things about butternut box.They use all human grade meat and produce balanced neat and easy to feed, gently cooked food you keep in the fridge. https://butternutbox.com/our_menu#the-meals__section. Just a bit to expensive for me though.

It gets an excellent write up on the dog food site. https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1727/butternut-box

I’ve used Bella and Duke, it’s quite a fine mince and my dogs weren5 keen. Tried Poppy’s Picnic too. Their favourite complete was Cotswold Raw, which they really enjoyed, but it’s too costly for 4 dogs. So I now buy from Bulmers. Huge variety of raw foods. Some are boneless. But all four dogs love the variety they get and are thriving. No ear problems, anal gland problems, skin irritation and great teeth. I used to feed kibble until we got Max. He wouldn’t touch it. Now it’s raw all the way. I will never ever feed a dog kibble again. Poor things forced to eat an artificial, processed diet for all their lives. It’s like making your kids eat pot noodle for every meal, for life! ..... beauty of raw? Every country sells meat! Win, win!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It’s like making your kids eat pot noodle for every meal, for life!
Could be worse........

.......at least it isn’t FB pies and Angel delight :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Irrespective of what people feed their dogs different breeds require different requirements so if a dog is fit and healthy and has white teeth still - the food cant be doing any harm.

I feed my dog in the morning which people probably wont agree with but she sometimes only eats half and midday will polish the rest off.

Never stop her having additional treats she is fit and not over weight.

She also chases the ball midday in this heat until she tires out but i do take water for her.

Wont give her wet food due to flies.

She is from working collie parents though which probably makes a big difference.

There are so many fat lethargic dogs around and people think that is good.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
We feed Jazz raw meat but once a week I give her a dried food meal just so she knows what it is should we ever not be in a position to feed raw. I’ve been testing a few. The one Im finding good right now is Akela https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1041/akela-80:20

We are feeding Akela Lamb as it has a higher natural fibre content that most other grain free foods.
Our last dog most of his life was fed average dog food dry bought in sacks we then tried these newer foods and the difference in his coat and waste produce was massive. I have tried a few different foods with our current dog and Akela suits him at the moment. Also tried Millie’s. It doesn’t work out too expensive for a good food!

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Our dog really thrives on his diet of small children..... supplies are plentiful and it is very cost effective.
Ours boys prefer "holier-than-thou". They are freely available, popping up when you least expect & can be found in even the best places.
In fact, there's such a free-roaming plentiful supply, I'm actually worried the boys will get fat...
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Ours boys prefer "holier-than-thou". They are freely available, popping up when you least expect & can be found in even the best places.
In fact, there's such a free-roaming plentiful supply, I'm actually worried the boys will get fat...
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
When feeding locally and if they have to scavenge for scraps do you find that the white stilettos get stuck in the throat? Asking for a friend

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
When feeding locally and if they have to scavenge for scraps do you find that the white stilettos get stuck in the throat? Asking for a friend
No the stilettos are fine... It's the "self-importance" they find hard to swallow
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Don't worry..if you want to use Bakers complete..Bakers is owned by PURINA..Purina is big in France..(who is owned by NESTLE)..PURINA products are all over France ... there is a very BIG Purina factory about 10 miles (16km) from us ... Purina Friskies brand is similar to bakers complete ...... ......

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
All the worries about what type of food to feed dogs and how many do you see that never leave their own garden. Never understood why they have them to leave in the garden all the time

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Have started the dog on skinners dry food now after having a look around a lot better rated food but does look a bit bland - she is from working stock so certainly likes to run so should be good for her type of dog - seems to eat it same as other food - some days eats it all other days just snacks on it

Reactions: Jim
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I feed my three raw when at home & Lilys Kitchen when travelling. They switch from one to the other without fuss & with no ill effects. We do buy cheap mince & chicken wings when travelling so they get some raw food too.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
that's what we have fed our two for the past 8 years.. (y)

if you buy the working dog variety, no VAT

we buy at a local farmer's suppliers
Dont know how prices compare but petsathome have 20% off if you buy 2 bags and as you say it is vat free - so 2 bags at £28 each less another 20% makes it good value

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
£19 - £23 a bag depending on flavour at Thurlow Nunn Standen Ltd
Field and trial lamb and rice just under £23 with 20% discount a got to buy 2 bags though so similar price with the discount and free delivery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back