Oldrover

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Hi,
I've got a 79-4 purchase new I Sept 2017 with a Pioneer media head, factory fitted. It sends me up all sorts of dodgy lanes even with the vehicle dimensions entered in to it. I phoned Pioneer for advice. When I gave them the model number they told me it is not a Moho sat nav. The model number should end with "-C" mine does not. Even though the Bailey website and my vehicle hand book says it a Moho unit. Bailey say that's what they chose to fit and that's that. Any other Bailey owners out there with the same problem, or does everyone else have the right unit??

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Trade description act? Not fit for purpose? I would suggest that your dealer has an obligation to supply what is stated in literature and handbook. It is then up to them to take it up with Bailey. Surely it has to be misrepresentation? Suppose you ordered a 180 bhp engine and got a 130 bhp, would Bailey just say "that's what we chose to fit"? I think not. Dealers need taking to task about the shoddy, complacent way they deal with motorhome customers. Would you accept that if it said Range Rover on the front?

OP
OP
O

Oldrover

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
The dealer wants to treat the problem as a warranty claim. Bailey obviously don't. While the dealer is sympathetic-ish they are not willing to sort it out because it means hey will be out of pocket and having to fight Bailey. Ergo the dealership don't seem to want to upset Bailey and they in turn don't seem to care about their customers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Oldrover

Free Member
May 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Deep-ish joy. I mailed off letter, special delivery, to the dealership MD this morning, 16th, quoting the consumer rights act 2015 etc, all very official.
Then at 4.59 in the afternoon I received an email saying Bailey had accepted that they had installed the wrong media head unit in my moho. They just have to do the paperwork and order the replacement unit. Then I'll get an installation date. Hopefully before I go anywhere I haven't been before, along strange roads.
I can't believe the postal service is doing same day delivery. So it's a happy coincidence, and a badly timed letter. Still it'll give their MD something to read with his morning coffee. Hope he doesn't get to upset.
Fingers crossed the new unit is the right one and they don't break anything fitting it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back