LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Would I be correct in thinking Bailey motorhomes are only available with a manual gearbox? Based on the Peugeot chassis, which does not offer an automatic option?

Shame, because we live outside Bristol - where they're made - and would otherwise have considered getting one. No auto box = a 'no-no' for us, unfortunately.

Mike

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
@mikebeaches - That was the case when we saw ours at Peterborough 2 years ago, spoke to an old boy who would have bought one but was told only Fiat invested in the auto model. I think if things had changed Bailey and Peugeot would have made a big splash about it.

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I'm not sure if they do a automatic gearbox?? We were not offered that as a option

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
They don't offer an auto option......I would have had one if they did. But still cracking value for money vans!

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
We have the 740SE aPproach, and love it. A couple,of,early teething probels, whoch were sorted. Light, spacious and airy, loads of storage, comfortable. When we visit our dealer for soemthing or other we always have a.look round the vans on show, but still come away thinking ours is great.

Lesley

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
We have a Bailey 750 and it's brilliant, absolutely love it and had no problems, the extra width makes a huge difference!!!!!
We also have the 750 totally agree with Steve's comments, especially about the width makes a huge difference to interior space and we have had no problems even driving through narrow streets in France and England .
Value for money in terms of what comes standard with the Bailey vehicle, when first purchased from new, i.e. Microwave , 4 burners one being 12v hotplate , full oven and grill and Alde heating (no noise at night , Wonderful) TV points etc. etc.(check out the specs) at no extra cost.
We got ours from Morans motorhomes new , brilliant after service, spent 10 weeks in it last year , very comfortable, easy to drive and getting 31mpg towing a scooter on a trailer. We will not be changing it anytime soon.
Hope it helps

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
This thread seems to have taken on a new life in the past day or so.
Since the original post we have been able to hire a 730 for our French holiday watching the TDF in the Alps.
Looks like we'll be having 3 or 4 days off grid on Col Du Glandon so that will make or break it :)
I just hope that the cassette lasts...
Have you read this recent thread on Bailey's?? Might be worth a look see.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/problems-with-bailey-approach-motor-home.102742/

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
At the end of the day, I guess there are people out there that have had problems with lots of motorhomes no matter what make they are, I had a Auto Trail and couldn't fault it, I've moved to a bailey and think it's brilliant, one of my mates has a swift and has had nothing but problems, my other mate swears by swift and wouldn't have anything else.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is, look around, find the motorhome that suits you and your budget, try and get a good warranty and don't read to much into other people's bad experiences, for every bad report on any van then there will be a good report to say the opposite
Some vans were mad on a Friday and that will always be the case!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A good warranty? That an oxymoron with british vans!lol