Bailey drop their Autograph 750...new island bed coming! (1 Viewer)

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I was browsing Bailey's website the other day and noticed that they had ceased listing the '750' (the twin bed version above a garage)

As a recent buyer of a 750, I sent them an email as to enquire 'why' and this is the reply I received back...

"We have discontinued the 750 model and will be replacing it with an island bed model. When we were looking to launch the Autograph range, we received a lot of feedback from customers and our retailer network that they wanted either twin singles or an island bed. We decided to build the 750 as we liked the idea of the garage as again we received a lot of feedback from customers saying this is what they would buy. We have sold quite a large number of 750 models but we have found it is not as popular as our other models. As we change ranges as and when we feel the market demands it rather than every year, sometimes we feel the portfolio needs refreshing and therefore we decided to look at the number of sales for each model and make a decision on the line-up on that basis."

It's strange because we particularly like ours (having changed from a 740SE to the 750) Obviously it wasn't their best seller!

Below: A shot of our 750 on the Isle of Lewis back in May this year.
our750.jpg

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Disappointed ....we had just about decided to go of a new one next year. Perhaps we will be able to find a second hand one but don't expect it will be that easy.. To date I have never seen a second hand 750 for sale.

Chris

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well we have decided that the twin single is for us and were toying with the idea of changing as soon as we've renovated the house. Your layout was on our shortlist as it was more affordable than the new Burstner and so I am dissapointed to say the least.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
The affordability was certainly a factor for us...a few niggles to begin with but all addressed now by the dealer.

The european layout works well and the garage is great for all that bulky stuff like folding chairs/table/windbreaks/spin dryer etc. It saves stowing it in the shower! The extra room in general in the Bailey makes a huge difference but as some have said, the twin singles could have been a couple of inches longer.

I'm sure some dealers will have the odd one around up until the end of the year and as a finishing model maybe at a even more affordable price.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Disappointed ....we had just about decided to go of a new one next year. Perhaps we will be able to find a second hand one but don't expect it will be that easy.. To date I have never seen a second hand 750 for sale.

Chris
Just have patients we wanted (and got) the Approach 760se and they have just started to appear for sale now
They start to come to market next year I would suggest

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Love our 750 as well, just back from nine and a half weeks in Southern France, done around 2000 miles, found it to be very comfortable. Twin rear beds works very well which is one of the reasons we bought this model. Also tried out the small double in the lounge which is perfectly adequate, especially with the drivers seat turned around , so extra length for tall persons is available.
The large garage takes two full size mountain bikes with all the other chairs, windbreaks etc.
Nice to drive, around 30mpg which is about 30% better than our previous Chausson Flash 09, at average of 60mph . Won't be changing it in the foreseeable, but I am sure there still will be some new ones on sale for this year. Finally the affordability was also a big factor against the likes of Burstner , Hymer , Chausson, as the Bailey comes with all the extras as standard ie microwave, full oven, grill, Alde heating, etc
Happy days

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yes Peter, I understand a two berth should only need two belted seats, but we don't always overnight in ours, we sometimes just take the grand-sprogs to an air show and enjoy the convenience of our own facilities; hence the need for two additional belted seats! Simples.........

I like the look of the one above and have a need for a large Garage, whose product is that?

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We have had our Hobby twin bedded for 3 year's its a brilliant layout, like the one Peter mentions we can convert to a huge double if we wanted to

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back