Bailey Autograph - Rusting rear lights (2 Viewers)

Master vampire

Free Member
Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Lee Perkins
Exp
bailey Autograph 79 - 4 T
You can just pry them off. They are push-fit.

Wyn
I thought the same, if you use a flat screw driver they are easy to pry off. Very little force used. They are just

Wyn
Take a look at the pic, just added, they came off easily.

20200621_142017.jpg

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Hi all.
Anyone else experiencing rusting rear indicators / break lights / reversing lights on their Bailey? Bit of a shocker.
Its a common issue. Your dealer will replace them under warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Saw some very mild pitting on my rear light surrounds (796 2017), mentioned it at the last hab check even though it was not very bad and not on all of them),full set of new ones supplied with no quibble and allowed to keep old ones which with a light sanding and spray will come in handy as spares if needed at any time in the future, may even try Targetpaster 's idea and try them in white to see what they look like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

claretmad01

Free Member
Feb 18, 2021
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Just repainted mine but have seen some chrome ones on a Benimar does anybody know were you can buy these THANKS

Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
Had this happen early this year - new ones are stainless steel (what grade?) so shouldn't corrode - swift email to Bailey and new ones sent.

Apart from the front skylight seal, this is the only time I've had any success with warranty claims against Bailey.
Overhead locker door above cooker has been removed as it won't stay shut on the road - too much flexing in the body, and redesigned with 2 side hinged doors on later models.
As to the farse that the waste water pipe modification turned into - I was told by Bailey "all have been modified and therefore we do not have any parts left", yer right, block of black painted wood and a few steel straps, asked for the technical note (or whatever they call them), still waiting 2 years later. Looked at a 2023 79-2 (and others), to find they now fit a more substantial bracket - which will no doubt do more damage as the screws are bigger.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
Had this happen early this year - new ones are stainless steel (what grade?) so shouldn't corrode - swift email to Bailey and new ones sent.

Apart from the front skylight seal, this is the only time I've had any success with warranty claims against Bailey.
Overhead locker door above cooker has been removed as it won't stay shut on the road - too much flexing in the body, and redesigned with 2 side hinged doors on later models.
As to the farse that the waste water pipe modification turned into - I was told by Bailey "all have been modified and therefore we do not have any parts left", yer right, block of black painted wood and a few steel straps, asked for the technical note (or whatever they call them), still waiting 2 years later. Looked at a 2023 79-2 (and others), to find they now fit a more substantial bracket - which will no doubt do more damage as the screws are bigger.
!Best thing i did was get rid of mine .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back