Bailey Autograph internal water pump problem (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Gang….
I have taken delivery of the above, I can fill the tanks ok, but can’t switch from the external to internal pump? I’m clearly doing something wrong…. Any advice?

Solution2
Turn the pump back on and see if it comes out of the the tap. May take a couple of minutes due to air locks open all the taps .
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Can you explain a little more about what you mean....we used to have a Bailey with the Whale water system but I don't recall having to switch anything over.

By "external pump" I'm assuming you mean you've used a Whale external pump to fill your tank from a water carrier? What are you wanting to do next?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MattWithMoho
Aug 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Hiya, It’s only my third time out in the MoHo, but didn’t have to do that before, I did it via the control panel. It’s a 2021 van, so maybe different, but I’ll take a look when I get back.
Thank you 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MattWithMoho
Aug 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Can you explain a little more about what you mean....we used to have a Bailey with the Whale water system but I don't recall having to switch anything over.

By "external pump" I'm assuming you mean you've used a Whale external pump to fill your tank from a water carrier? What are you wanting to do next?
Hi, Yes, I’ve used the external whale connected, set the pump to run and fill the tank, turn the pump off when it’s full. However when I then come to run the tap, no water comes out & I assume this is down to the pump not kicking in as I can’t hear it going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Turn the pump back on and see if it comes out of the the tap. May take a couple of minutes due to air locks open all the taps .

Upvote 0
Solution
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I had a 2020 autograph. The pump for the external fill, was automatically turned of when you took the pump out of the connection. No switch required

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I rarely used it, usually just shoved a hose in and filled it. My problem with the water tank was when it registered less than 20% it has an auto cut off, mine kept reading that even when the tank was full so could not get water. There is a way to buy pass it via the manufactures access route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Hi, Yes, I’ve used the external whale connected, set the pump to run and fill the tank, turn the pump off when it’s full. However when I then come to run the tap, no water comes out & I assume this is down to the pump not kicking in as I can’t hear it going.
Ours was an older model than yours so possibly you have a different control panel than we did, but do you have a button called "Pump" on your control panel? If yes, make sure this is on. Also if you have a button called "Master" make sure this is on too (our Bailey used to turn the Master off every time the engine was started).

If you're still having problems then a photo of your control panel might help people to advise.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MattWithMoho
Aug 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Thanks All, I seem to have resolved it, but god only knows how. I connected the water whale up again, kept the pump running and opened the taps… Possibly a stubborn airlock that needed the pump running to push it out.

Thanks for replying though, greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
We regularly get an air lock with a 2021 Autograsph. Check after filling, that when you open the taps, that there is a sound of the pump running even if there is no water coming out. Then it's an air lock. Last resort is to remove the shower head and suck like hell to pull the air out while the pump is running.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back