Bailey Autograph II Fiamma Roof Rafter (1 Viewer)

DaveH46

Free Member
Jul 9, 2016
Derbyshire UK
Funster No
MH
C Class low line
Exp
Mine didn't come with one from new... I've contacted the dealer and they are chasing it up with Bailey. They reckon Bailey are likely to say that a factory fit awning isn't supplied with one but they are a purchasable item.
Fiamma website clearly states the larger ones are supplied with one.
Have any owners had one supplied from new please
Dave H.

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
It came with my 79/4

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Mine was missing when I got the van (796), rang the dealer who said a few of them went out without the rafter and I received mine a week later.

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
Our dealer told us that when the Fiamma Awnings we’re factory fitted by Bailey, the rafters were being thrown out with the box! So really anyone purchasing a new Bailey is extremely lucky if they got a rafter.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Our dealer told us that when the Fiamma Awnings we’re factory fitted by Bailey, the rafters were being thrown out with the box! So really anyone purchasing a new Bailey is extremely lucky if they got a rafter.

Rubbish - they come in a box with the cranking handle - get them to order one FOC immediately!!

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
Not in our dealers experience. Obviously when being ordered from Fiamma and fitted by dealer, a cranking handle and rafter are indeed supplied in the box with the awn8ng. In this 8nstance of factory fitted its Baliley that are “opening the boxes and fitting what they find inside”. Perhaps all fitters at Bailey don’t know what it’s for?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Not in our dealers experience. Obviously when being ordered from Fiamma and fitted by dealer, a cranking handle and rafter are indeed supplied in the box with the awn8ng. In this 8nstance of factory fitted its Baliley that are “opening the boxes and fitting what they find inside”. Perhaps all fitters at Bailey don’t know what it’s for?

Still insist on the center brace - your dealer is just trying to wriggle out of either having to order you one at their expense or having to argue the toss with Bailey that it was not there in the first place. Search "missing rafter" on the BMOG Facebook page if you are in any doubt.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes.

One came, as standard, with the awning on our Swift Esprit 454.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Somebody already said it. Fiamma supply 1 with any canopy 4m and above, so it will have been supplied. Not sure about Thule/Dometic. I had 1 ordered for my 750, 4.5m canopy came with Rafter and fitting brackets for side of van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back