Bailey autograph 79-6 HELP ME (1 Viewer)

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
Owned my first MH for 3 weeks now and have just done 2 weeks in France . Couple of issues if anyone can help out.
How do I solve the issue of the dinette seats sliding out constantly.
The window clips have all but one fallen off
When lights are switched on all 10 lights round the van switch on and have to be pressed individually to switch them off
How do I turn on the light under the kitchen units. It’s puzzling me as I have seen the light on twice now but have no idea where the switch is.
And why does my water tank over flow instead of auto cut off.
Oh and I have a spare piece of bed which I have no idea where it goes ‍♀️ other than these minor issues what a great little beaut our DORA is

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi,
To stop the cushions sliding I taped self-adhesive Velcro hook strips to the bench slats and interleaved the split cushions with the anti-slip mesh you use under rugs.
If you mean the window clips that hold the mesh and concertina sections together then I've had to replace a couple but they're not essential - you just slide the sections up or down as normal.
My lights also do that and I'll probably fit an isolator switch somewhere to switch them off - because they are touch sensitive there is a constant drain on the battery even when they're off so I want to make sure that they are only on when I want them.
The strip light above the sink is touch sensitive - just touch it on the body at the extreme right of the light and it will go off and on - keep trying until you find the switch spot.
Jon

Upvote 0

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
Also - there is no auto cut off for the water - it will just overflow and if you post a picture of the spare bed piece someone will point you in the right direction.
Jon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
Thank you Jon. I need to fix the seats as a matter of urgency as the kids keeping sliding from the seats. I wasn’t sure if it was something I should attempt myself or take back to my dealer as my MH is brand new same with the lights.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I should attempt myself or take back to my dealer as my MH is brand new same with the lights.

I would take it back to the dealer... :nod: :nod: :nod:

If you start messing about with things it may invalidate your warranty... :rolleyes:

Sounds like a poor hand over job when you collected it, to me.. :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
Great news Jon, found the touch strip on the light

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Definitely take it back to the dealer!

If the window clips are the same as the ones we had on a 2013 Approach 740, they break with monotonous regularity - Bailey’s spares website sell them for a crazy price for a plastic clip (from memory about £4.50. Each. Plus postage.) Suggest you get replacements from your dealer under warranty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
My spare piece

Attachments

• 0EE4990F-BDDA-4DB0-915B-2D1FAD95B2B8.jpeg
    0EE4990F-BDDA-4DB0-915B-2D1FAD95B2B8.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
Definitely take it back to the dealer!

If the window clips are the same as the ones we had on a 2013 Approach 740, they break with monotonous regularity - Bailey’s spares website sell them for a crazy price for a plastic clip (from memory about £4.50. Each. Plus postage.) Suggest you get replacements from your dealer under warranty.

Upvote 0

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
We have had ours for a couple of months now, been out 6 times and listing the issues ready for a single return to the dealer. The spare cushion parts are not listed as being used in the hand book but it looks like they changed the style mid 17 early 18, they are infills for the front bed and the rear bed! Although not very good and certainly nowhere near level ish..... I ended up contacting a very difficult to get hold of customer services team at Bailey.
We have the dreaded wind noise in the cab sunroof, driving me up the wall and was told it was an issue on earlier models and not mine
Just on our way from Isle of Wight to St Ives for a week then back to dealers.

Enjoy your new toy
Darren and Lou

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I find the problem with the downlighters gets more irritating with time (we have the 68-2 so only six of them) More to the point it is Bailey's attitude to it that I find annoying. When I raise the problem of them coming on by default they say "that's how they are and you have the option to turn ALL lighting off at the control panel so it's not a problem." or, "Most of our customers are happy with it as it is" (I have yet to find ANYONE who is. The dealer just follows the same line as Baileys and refuse to see it as a problem. I'd be interested to hear from all these customers that Bailey's say like it the way it is, especially when they forget to go to the rear of the van for the umpteenth time to individually turn off all the lights that they didn't want on in the first place. :madder:

Wyn

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
The window clips are glued in, had three come off and a bit of super glue works ok.
The cushion is for the Dinette bed, goes in the middle.
Still haven't sorted those sliding seats out yet. Not helped by the seat belts protruding. I think the latest models have a cut out in the cushions to avoid catching.
Wind noise is the wrong size rubber sealing, need to get a larger size fitted.
Lights according to Bailey are designed that way! In dinette a simple switch on the bed will switch off the two lights hidden by the pull down bed. the 4 under the bed switch off by the TV. Two underneath the TV are easy to just touch off. The 6 in the back are just a pain in the A...
All in all a brilliant Motorhome, just don't shout to loud or all those foreign owning motor homers will get jealous and want one.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I can see the lights thing is annoying but why is it such a problem if it only happens when you turn the control panel on. I don't think I've ever turned my control panel off on my van apart from when working on the electrics.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
NCC insist that all electrics in the Habitation area are turned off or starting the vehicle turns everything off. Overseas vehicles do not have this particular feature :) which is why we can travel with the heating on when it’s cold and leave the control panel on.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
NCC insist that all electrics in the Habitation area are turned off or starting the vehicle turns everything off. Overseas vehicles do not have this particular feature :) which is why we can travel with the heating on when it’s cold.
Forgot about the stupid NCC.
Should be easy enough to disable or bypass the relay.

Upvote 0

lozbou

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Thank you Jon. I need to fix the seats as a matter of urgency as the kids keeping sliding from the seats. I wasn’t sure if it was something I should attempt myself or take back to my dealer as my MH is brand new same with the lights.
the lights are designed to come on although i believe they can be fitted with an isolator to stop it.? personally i don't find it a problem.

Upvote 0

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
My last two vans have had Alde heating never changed the fluid in 8 years, just top up when needed, might not be the correct way but never let me down. just saying(y)

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Our Adria is NCC approved and the electrics do not go off when the van is started.

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Electrics on and door on r/h side - bust a few myths or I am asking for my money back :)
upload_2018-8-31_18-49-38.png

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Owned my first MH for 3 weeks now and have just done 2 weeks in France . Couple of issues if anyone can help out.
How do I solve the issue of the dinette seats sliding out constantly.
The window clips have all but one fallen off
When lights are switched on all 10 lights round the van switch on and have to be pressed individually to switch them off
How do I turn on the light under the kitchen units. It’s puzzling me as I have seen the light on twice now but have no idea where the switch is.
And why does my water tank over flow instead of auto cut off.
Oh and I have a spare piece of bed which I have no idea where it goes ‍♀️ other than these minor issues what a great little beaut our DORA is

Hi Maggie, picking up a new Bailey 79-4 on Monday so your post timely on things to watch out for. I hope you've got it all sorted. If anything else comes to mind that you wish you'd asked the dealer about then I'd love to know.

Best wishes
Colin

Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
Hi - a little late joining in here so hopefully you have sorted your problems. We have had a 79 6 for just under a year annd its just gone back to the dealers to get some of the issues sorted hopefully. The whistling rooflight is a known problem and they are going to fit a thicker seal. The lights drove me crazy as well, mainly the ones above the drop down bed as I'm not as agile as I once was and you had to be a contortionist to get to the one nearest the cab. We had a switch fitted on the outside of the bedframe opposite the tv which switches those two off, The rest are easily accessed so not really a problem. We do a lot off grid so try to turn anything off that's not really needed. The slipping seats are a more serious problem and we have already had one of the grandchildren sustain a bump when they slipped off when fortunately we were stationary. I have been offered more velcro but holding out for the new design seats. They have to go back to Bellfield apparently so may take seveal weeks - some of them seem to be collapsing at the edge as well. We have found the rear bed to be very uncomfortable with the jigsaw of cushions but have bought a 3" thick foam topper which has solved the problem. If we are on our own we tend to leave the bed made up but if we need the rear area it rolls up with straps round it and goes in the shower. The revering/brake/indicator light surrounds are rusting and are also being replaced. Overall though we love it and it's perfect for us. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Hi, thanks for the update.

We’ve not used the MH as much as we’d of liked due to a family illness taking up time. But when we have been out it’s great. This year should see more usage. I’ve worked through most of the problems.

Main pain were the white plastic bushes retaining the rear sliding bed frame to the base. They are attached with a self tapper into the bottom of the bed frame and it’s a weak design. Kept finding them on floor of boot. Ended up drilling through top of bed frame and bolting them on through the whole metal frame.

Only current issue is boot door seals. Wher they go round the curved corners of the doors they have raised up proud of the door profile and stick out.

Had to glue on the front window concertina screen handles as they kept falling off.

Window blind lifting strings come undone occasionally.

Other than that we seem good.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are the slipping seat bases on the seats that are used for travelling and have the seat belts on them. In that case that is a design fault that must be rectified as it renders the seat belts dangerous. In an accident the seat base will move forward and the person sitting there can tunnel under the seat belt.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Think a lot of these problems are just down to poor design and cost cutting. Looked at one at a Dealers last weekend and the small table that is attached to the side as you go through the habitation door was hanging on with two screws. The other side had just pulled out including the bracket. There were just a couple of small wood screws in a piece of lightweight ply trying to hold a table. As for the seats moving they have to design them so you can move them around because of the crazy way they expect you to make beds up. A piece of thick foam that is designed to be sat on for a few hours is hardly going to make for a good bed. Couple of strips of the very wide velcro ( Not the thin stuff ) would help but you need to stitch the velcro to the back of the cushions and have long strips..

8551_1_1_57493.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
As Bailey have done crash testing and the van needs to be approved by C& U regulations before production I would imagine that both the seat belts and passenger seats passed the requirements by law,I may be wrong!

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As Bailey have done crash testing and the van needs to be approved by C& U regulations before production I would imagine that both the seat belts and passenger seats passed the requirements by law,I may be wrong!
I don't think that Bailey would have done any crash testing. That is usually done by the chassis makers Fiat on standard cab chassis as sold to Bailey and all the other converters. It will not include the stuff that Bailey adds.

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
According to their website it's done at Millbrook in Bedford and they are on Peugeot front ends with an Alko chassis not a normal van chassis that some 'converters' mainly continental use.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back