Bailey autograph 79-6 HELP ME (1 Viewer)

Iammaggie

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79-6
Exp
Owned my first MH for 3 weeks now and have just done 2 weeks in France . Couple of issues if anyone can help out.
How do I solve the issue of the dinette seats sliding out constantly.
The window clips have all but one fallen off
When lights are switched on all 10 lights round the van switch on and have to be pressed individually to switch them off
How do I turn on the light under the kitchen units. It’s puzzling me as I have seen the light on twice now but have no idea where the switch is.
And why does my water tank over flow instead of auto cut off.
Oh and I have a spare piece of bed which I have no idea where it goes ‍♀️ other than these minor issues what a great little beaut our DORA is

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

Might save you going to find it. They improved some of the MH after the tests. This shows the forward and rear facing seats but they also make them with sideways seats as well. Anyone in the back would not stand a chance in a 40 mph bump. They would just crash into the front seat passengers.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Might save you going to find it. They improved some of the MH after the tests. This shows the forward and rear facing seats but they also make them with sideways seats as well. Anyone in the back would not stand a chance in a 40 mph bump. They would just crash into the front seat passengers.

My mistake about them not doing crash tests :oops::oops:

But the video shows exactly what I said would happen if the seat bases on the front facing seats are not secured. The seat squabs fly forward, the passengers drop down and tunnel forward legs first and the seat belt ends up around their necks. Not good at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
My mistake about them not doing crash tests :oops::oops:

But the video shows exactly what I said would happen if the seat bases on the front facing seats are not secured. The seat squabs fly forward, the passengers drop down and tunnel forward legs first and the seat belt ends up around their necks. Not good at all.

This is what I'm worried about - it looks as if the child comes off worse than the adult - maybe the adults weight makes them more stable. Certainly our experience with the grandchildren is that they slide forward even when strapped in car seats. I'm surprised they did the test with the table in place tho'

Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
here were just a couple of small wood screws in a piece of lightweight ply trying to hold a table.

We had the cupboard above side seat fall off in transit - not the door, the whole cupboard. On inspection there were only two screws that actually went into anything, the rest went into thin air!

Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
MH back from dealers after them having it for a month. Cushions look exactly the same but then it came to light that Bellfield had been told they were collapsing, not slipping. Dealer gave wrong information and hadn't sent the rear cushions which were the collapsing ones and hadn't mentioned at all the slipping of the front ones GRRR!!! The wide velcro had become detached from the seat back and they hadn't even bothered to staple it back in place. Terse e mail sent!!
I hear that Bailey are changing the design in 2020 and will have a cutout for the seatbelts. That seems to be the main problem, that as soon as there is any tension on the seatbelt it pulls the seat away from the back. I will keep hammering away at this as it is an important safety issue but in the meantime it's back to straps to hold the base cushions secure.:(

Upvote 0

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
My last two vans have had Alde heating never changed the fluid in 8 years, just top up when needed, might not be the correct way but never let me down. just saying(y)
Get yourself a "Portable Refractometer" from Amazon - allows you to easily keep an eye on the freezing point of the fluid.
Amazon product ASIN B01IMTGJBE

Attachments

• IMG_6389.jpg
    IMG_6389.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
MH back from dealers after them having it for a month. Cushions look exactly the same but then it came to light that Bellfield had been told they were collapsing, not slipping. Dealer gave wrong information and hadn't sent the rear cushions which were the collapsing ones and hadn't mentioned at all the slipping of the front ones GRRR!!! The wide velcro had become detached from the seat back and they hadn't even bothered to staple it back in place. Terse e mail sent!!
I hear that Bailey are changing the design in 2020 and will have a cutout for the seatbelts. That seems to be the main problem, that as soon as there is any tension on the seatbelt it pulls the seat away from the back. I will keep hammering away at this as it is an important safety issue but in the meantime it's back to straps to hold the base cushions secure.:(

I have now seen the cushion with the cut out on the 2019 model. It is available through Prima leisure and they have confirmed it will fit the 2017 models. Clearly Bailey have recognised there is a problem with the old cushions and I feel they have a duty to replace them.

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Owned my first MH for 3 weeks now and have just done 2 weeks in France . Couple of issues if anyone can help out.
How do I solve the issue of the dinette seats sliding out constantly.
The window clips have all but one fallen off
When lights are switched on all 10 lights round the van switch on and have to be pressed individually to switch them off
How do I turn on the light under the kitchen units. It’s puzzling me as I have seen the light on twice now but have no idea where the switch is.
And why does my water tank over flow instead of auto cut off.
Oh and I have a spare piece of bed which I have no idea where it goes ‍♀️ other than these minor issues what a great little beaut our DORA is
Why did your dealer not do a handover? Why have you not booked your van in with your dealer to sort the niggly bits?

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
I have now seen the cushion with the cut out on the 2019 model. It is available through Prima leisure and they have confirmed it will fit the 2017 models. Clearly Bailey have recognised there is a problem with the old cushions and I feel they have a duty to replace them.

Hi @scbunurse do you have a link to where these cushions are on the prima leisure site as I cant find them, we have had this issue with our 79-6 since we had it, they even got Bellfield to make us a new seat which was actually worse than the first one. we do probably have one issue in that we have the leather option which I don't think is available any more so the new type may not be available for us, we rarely use the travel seats and normally travel with the dinette made up as a bed so the dogs can lie out on it whilst still being clipped to the seat belt fixings but as the grand kids are getting to the age where they want to travel with Nanny and Grumpy then we are getting more concerned it may become an issue.

Upvote 0

scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Exp
The part no is 1201504. I'm working atm but post again if you can't find it and I'll have a look when I'm home tonight

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
NCC insist that all electrics in the Habitation area are turned off or starting the vehicle turns everything off. Overseas vehicles do not have this particular feature :) which is why we can travel with the heating on when it’s cold and leave the control panel on.

NCC - You mean the National Council for Cowboys?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back