Bailey Autograph 3 - whale water connection (1 Viewer)

syelad

Free Member
May 23, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4i
Exp
I’m a newbie - since 2021
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, we are picking up a new Bailey 79-4i on Wednesday and going straight on holiday for a week. The first site we are stopping on isn’t a serviced pitch, we have an aqua roll but wondering what we need to actually fill the tank up? Guessing it’s the Whale water master but does it need power?
Thank you!

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
The hose inlet is a whale fitting but you should be provided with a food grade hose with the whale fitting on the one end, just connect hose to tap and whale fitting to van and fill as normal, even if you don’t have the correct hose you can still fill with a hose by just opening the tank lid and filling it there or as you have said you can use an aqua roll and whale pump (I did have the submersible pump provided but have never needed to use it which is just as well as I don’t have an aqua roll)

OP
OP
syelad

syelad

Free Member
May 23, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4i
Exp
Thank you Gerby, I was planning to use the aqua roll as I think we will run out of water and need to top up ideally without moving the van. I’m going to buy a pump but didn’t know how it was powered? I’ve seen pumps that need 12 volt power but the whale pump doesn’t seem to have that?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi syelad Tank should hold 90 Litres, the wife and I can normally last 3 to 4 days on that longer if we use site showers, don’t forget the grey waste tank only holds 90 litres so if you use more and don’t want to move you may need one of those waste master thingies (sorry never use them myself) I understand the plug in Whale pump is powered from the socket you plug it into though think you have to select it on the control panel (if you look at the whale socket you will see the metal electrical contacts) not done this myself but I am pretty certain it is covered in the manual, if you haven’t got 1 I can send you a link (though google may be quicker as I am not on pc at the moment and not good on the phone)

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Thank you Gerby, I was planning to use the aqua roll as I think we will run out of water and need to top up ideally without moving the van. I’m going to buy a pump but didn’t know how it was powered? I’ve seen pumps that need 12 volt power but the whale pump doesn’t seem to have that?
You can get the whale 12v pump that plugs in to the connection on your van. It’s about £40

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
Hi,
This is what you need, dead easy. Fill your aquaroll, wheel it to the the van, drop the cylindrical pump into the aquaroll so that it rests on the bottom; plug the whale pump socket into the socket under the flap; push the inlet right into the socket, lower the flap to lock the inlet plug in. Go to the master panel and scroll down until it says 'fill water'. Confirm (press enter) and then watch as the % of water increases on the panel. The % rating will increase by about 35-38% per aquaroll, (tank is 90l and aquaroll is 40l) and then you'll hear the whale pump noise increase as it sucks dry the aquaroll. Press enter on the master panel to disconnect the pump and then refill the aquaroll and repeat the whole process if required. Baileys are often criticised for having 'caravan' style water filling but I like it- you don't have to drive to to the service point to refill it, and using a watering can would take hours. Plus, you can carry a full aquaroll and top up the fresh water anywhere (subject to payload). I assume that you have a hose with whale inlet for filling up from a regular tap? One end of hose to tap, plug whale inlet into van, switch on tap, switch on master panel and scroll down to water level % which will increase as the tank fills - you don't have to press any buttons to fill it. The tank will read 100% full and then about 2 mins later water will come out of the overflow (behind the offside rear wheel on the 2017 794t). Switch the hosepipe tap off and the tank is now definitely full. The onboard tank access is for totally draining your tank in between trips - who wants to drag a hosepipe into their van?

Whippetgood

Free Member
May 3, 2018
Funster No
Oops, forgot to post the whale pump pic - here it is.
IMG_1475.jpg

OP
OP
syelad

syelad

Free Member
May 23, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4i
Exp
Thank you so much that’s brilliant. I think the hose with the whale connector comes with the van.
Thanks again for such a detailed response!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Exactly as Whippetgood says. I too find the Whale system good. If I can easily reach a tap, I use the hose and Whale connector. If not, I wheel over the aquarol and use the Whale submersible.
To deal with the waste water, depends on how long we’re parked up. If for a while, and moving would be a pain, I just use a collapsible bucket that holds 8 litres and empty it in nearby bushes if possible otherwise in a drain. Or else I leave it till leaving the site and park over the waste drain. The Bailey is notoriously slow so to speed up draining, I open the hatch in the van and undo the cover (to let air in as the water escapes).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back