Bailey Approach, Peugeot Boxer, odometer flashing and tyre warning light flashing - sorted! (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i have been trying to install an aftermarket android head unit into a 2014 Bailey Approach on a peugeot boxer base vehicle. After another failed attempt i ended up with both the odometer flashing and the tyre pressure monitor flashing and the original radio not working - i didnt even know if had a tyre monitor on it - and i'm not sure even now. that it has!

Anyway to cut a long story short, it turned out to be a bloody 10 amp fuse

i did all the usual, checked on the forum, checked on you tube, checked on line for issues with the Bailey or Peugeot boxer and found it seems to be an issue from time to time, so i started to become a bit more confused and concerned. i got out the handbook and found the section on the fuses which looks nothing like the actual fusebox on the vehicle.

i noted it was a 10 amp fuse in the handbook so set about checking those as a starter and was lucky enough to find the right fuse first time!!

looking back now, if i had read the handbook and identified which functions were fed from the same fuse i could have sorted it sooner. i wrongly assumed that one fuse would feed one function, but a fuse can feed several functions, if i had checked which other functions were controlled by the same fuse, i could have checked to see if they were working or not and saved myself a couple of frustrating hours!

it was the fact that the odometer and TPS warning lights were flashing that made me think i had done more than just blow a fuse, if all that was happening was that the radio wouldnt work i would have gone straight to the fusebox instead of thinking i had done something much worse.

Hopefully the info might help someone if they come across the same issue.

Jul 27, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2015
Sorry for the necropost, but which 10amp fuse specifically?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had a similar experience last year that taught us the same, albeit on the hab side....

The 12v motor that raises and lowers the bed just stopped working. Multimeter showed no power at the motor & cabling from the motor to power source disappeared behind panelling.

After a bit of head scratching decided to check if anything else on the hab side 12v wasn't working and found that the TV had no power.

Checked the EBL 99 and found that the 10A fuse dedicated to the TV had blown. Replaced fuse and bed motor worked!

2010 Ducato based Burstner Solano.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Sorry for the necropost, but which 10amp fuse specifically?
Sorry, it was a long time ago but I found the info in the handbook, so hopefully you will be able to do the same or check on line for the info. Best wishes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back