Bailey Approach 740 (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Anyone got the Bailey Approach 740'' seen one@ Lincoln show.As with most vans experience some problems.Any comments welcome good or bad

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've got the 2013 740SE and very pleased with it, suffered from the leaky roof that was highlighted on here last autumn but it was cosmetic and soon cured. There's been plenty of threads on the Bailey if you search, here's one.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We've got a new 745 and the only problem so far was a bit of sealant missing from the shower which was sorted by our dealer very quickly. Absolutely made up with ours - love it. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I've got the 2013 740SE and very pleased with it, suffered from the leaky roof that was highlighted on here last autumn but it was cosmetic and soon cured. There's been plenty of threads on the Bailey if you search, here's one.

Is that you Rolf? come on, come out, United won today...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I like the bailey and think they are excellent value for money. However, my concern for MY life with a MH is that they seriously lack storage.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
A mate of mine bought one early this year.....Cant wait to get shut of it. Apart from the mattress absorbing water (from the air) like a sponge, he has had several roof leaks, and (he says), the internal noise when on the move is terrible, everything squeaks, groans, and rattles.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Odd isn't it. Our mattress is perfectly dry, absolutely no leaks of any kind anywhere and it's pretty much silent on a decent road surface. Like every new van there were a few little teething problems, all sorted with no fuss by the dealer.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Odd isn't it. Our mattress is perfectly dry, absolutely no leaks of any kind anywhere and it's pretty much silent on a decent road surface. Like every new van there were a few little teething problems, all sorted with no fuss by the dealer.
Apparently it's a Bailey problem with their new tugs as well, (the mattress, that is).

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/commun.../Bailey-Unicorn-2012-Damp-Mattress/rb/381931/

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Got a Bailey Autograph 750 2014 model new , Just a brilliant piece of kit, spent some 10 weeks away in France earlier this year. Plenty of storage , very comfortable, Alde heating, Great on MPG, a third more than our previous Chausson Flash 09 and that makes a big difference over a couple of thousand miles.
Moran's Motorhomes, our dealer has been great and just sorted out a very few teething problems.
So all in all very happy. Away again in a couple of weeks , hope it helps,
Happy travels

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Is that you Rolf? come on, come out, United won today...

Rolf? Rolf? Who's that? :lipssealed:
If United are not on live I keep off here and away from any form of news until we're on Sky later. And we continue to suffer.:doh:

Back to the Bailey, internal storage is very good, we too have, or could have, empty lockers. Bit of a stretch to reach the cupboard over the worktop behind the sink and external access is a bit measly but overall a feels roomy and light and excellent value for money but we're only on our second van, they say it takes three before you get the right one.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Got a Bailey Autograph 750 2014 model new , Just a brilliant piece of kit, spent some 10 weeks away in France earlier this year. Plenty of storage , very comfortable, Alde heating, Great on MPG, a third more than our previous Chausson Flash 09 and that makes a big difference over a couple of thousand miles.
Moran's Motorhomes, our dealer has been great and just sorted out a very few teething problems.
So all in all very happy. Away again in a couple of weeks , hope it helps,
Happy travels

(y)Moran's (y)is where we bought our current van, can't praise them enough!Two very happy Bassetts who will buy the replacement van there in February(but don't tell them yet, we're looking for another good deal):)!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back