Bailey 79-4 , Just Put Deposit Down (1 Viewer)

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Hi All ,, only had this current moho 6 mths but could not get on with French bed. All the climbing over each other or legs falling out of bed if on the outside where the cut out is.

Therefore we went the show on Friday to have a look at the Roller Team T-Line 740 with walk around bed, which on paper looked great , but in the flesh it was just a little bit tight on overall living space. So we went on the Bailey stand and found the 79-4 which for us was just right , good living space and walk around bed at a decent price.

We got some prices at the show for trade-in , but the dealers where down south. So left the show and we visited a couple of local Bailey dealers and managed to get a deal we are more than happy with and a acceptable delivery of within the next 4/5 weeks , so this morning signed up and paid deposit

HAPPY TIMES:D2:D2

So first trip should be Peterborough Show , I can show it off to everyone :p

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
79-4T lovely van ,, really like the sloping centre table between the beds , with the same living area , and they have a usable kitchen , found the other vans (mainly continental) really tight for space in the kitchen and we are big electric users so like the duel fuel cookers and proper ovens.
Also the fabrics are very attractive compaired to the continental vans at this price range

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Super van, my favourite at the show but I have got used to a narrower body and I doubt if I could go back to a wide body again. Mores the pity because the Baileys seem to be very good value.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
79-4T lovely van ,, really like the sloping centre table between the beds , with the same living area , and they have a usable kitchen , found the other vans (mainly continental) really tight for space in the kitchen and we are big electric users so like the duel fuel cookers and proper ovens.
Also the fabrics are very attractive compaired to the continental vans at this price range

I'm probably being really stupid but don't understand the sloping table. Won't anything just fall off it? I've tried imagining sloping in different directions but still can't understand it.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I'm probably being really stupid but don't understand the sloping table. Won't anything just fall off it? I've tried imagining sloping in different directions but still can't understand it.
Sorry , not sloping , curved front , very funky

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Not a 'black cat' story and we are with you. Went into Webbs to query about having Gaslow fitted and a barbecue point as well on our 16mth old 740 and came out having put a deposit down on a 79-6 with our 740 as a part ex!!

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Good times ahead:D

PH104

Free Member
Feb 27, 2017
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just starting out
Snap! We finally put a deposit down on a 79-4 at the NEC last Sunday. It'll be our first MH!! We've been wanting one for years (hired several) and spent the last 8/9 months trawling shows and dealers dreaming about it! We pick it up on March 16th! Cannot wait :D

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Not just me then!:D

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Had an Unicorn 3 Valencia caravan on order until we saw the Autograph 75-2 and loved its great spacious lounge area. Ordered with leather, Grosvener interior, bedding kit, Alko Towbar, Paintseal, weight upgrade to 3850kg and extra 4yr water exclusion warranty. Seemed so much more modern than most Motorhomes that seem to have the1980s kitchen look. Wife already has a Smart Car so 'A' Frame (unlikely to venture out of UK but I'll take cover anyway!) being fitted this month (we both have C1E licences) - van not expected till May at the earliest as production is behind schedule.

Only two of us so those horrid (lounge spoiling) forward facing seatbelted seats were a no no, I'll take the hit for that when it comes to sell. Kitchen Sink is in a bit of a weird position but liveable with. No spare tyre on a carrier is a nuisance but apparently de rigour on new vans.

Pity the Avtex TV is not satellite ready but again I can live with that.

Really looking forward to it's arrival on my driveway (that is another story!).

Last edited:
OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Fantastic ... Enjoy(y)(y)

You see sometimes dealers deliver to there word :D:D

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Ninja Bob
Hope I'm not being too intrusive but did you pay a lot for extra 4 year water ingress warranty?

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Pleasant surprise. Thanks for that.

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi
You must be counting the days, I know we are.
We ordered our 79-6 last October with leather and media plus and they should finally start building it next week (it suited us as we will not be ready to start using it till well into April).

My Sister ordered an Advance 635 at same time and that one is finished and waiting for pick up at beginning of April.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Just had a call , van will with Spinney Tuesday , I need to drop off our van to allow them to swap over the sat dish , then we are due to pick up Saturday 25th March

DLT you still waiting ?

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
So on our first trip out in the new 79-6 and thought I'd 'share'.
Usual issues with having to get fresh water tank levels re calibrated.
Nice to see LEDs all round, very noticeable with lower draining of batteries!
Quite a few 'touch' lights which annoyingly just turn themselves on without warning!
When we first got our 740, 18 months ago, it had an issue with the water pump coming on for a couple of turns which is indicative of a 'drip leak' somewhere. It sorted itself which I hope is the case with this one because it's the same on the new one.
Watch the wardrobe door as it opens too far which will put strain on the fittings but I've got a solution.
All in all just small niggles and more than happy overall. Happy camping.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
We got back yesterday from our 1st trip in the 79-4 , going away again tomorrow for 2 weeks :D
Peugeot part very good with a tight engine showing 28 mpg over 200 miles , more than happy with that , good power but 6 gears to many for me keep forgetting which gear I'm in. One issue is the odometer is flashing , not effecting any thing with the engine etc. went Peugeot garage and they said there must be something not working normally Bluetooth but mine is working ?? I'm going to drop it off in a couple of weeks
Impressed with the road holding of the Al-Ko set up much better than the Fiat conventional set up
The Bailey part I can not think of anything which is not working, fell off, etc Have I got the 1st working new motorhome ??

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Loving all the excited, happy people. Enjoy the dream and the reality
(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun