Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
We're newbies!
Hi all.

New to motor homing! Just bought brand new one. Problem? Large rear bed keeps collapsing. Don't go reading anything in to that either! Two of us in it, move, turn over..... Bed collapses. Strikes me the support slats are too short and come out of the tracks. Anyone else come across this. Vehicle back with suppliers.
Regards to all.

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
I've the 760 & no such problem - I imagine it's done exactly the same way. 765 is a lovely van - hope they sort it out soon - enjoy!

Dot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know it's not at all helpful but it doesn't happen with my Rapido (y)

OP
OP
T & J

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're newbies!
Took motor home back to get this problem sorted. Bizarre thing is, we went off on first trip, this bed collapsed, had no choice but to go out and get a sheet of plywood cut as a temporary solution. Hey.... Things go wrong. Too it back with a list of of "niggles". After a couple of days service chap called to say "yep, all done, ready to collect". Have you tested the bed I ask? Err, what do you mean? Well get two of your guys to lie on the bed, turn over, roll over.... Generally check it out. I'll call you back. Phone call ten mins later, err........ Seems we have not solved the problem!
(Now, if my firm had a bed returned as faulty for repair, once repair was done ......... Is it too much to expect the repair is tested ?)

Anyhow, supplier is now in touch with Bailey to discuss the problem? We shall see what outcome is. Too be frank, with a few toys, this and that, cost me near as damn it 50k. Can't say I'm delighted this far. All in all a bit disappointing. Even more so when I'm told it's problem is solved... Z but no one has a brain to test. Dear oh dear?

I'll keep you all posted.

Regards to all.

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Can't say I'm delighted this far. All in all a bit disappointing. Even more so when I'm told it's problem is solved…

I'll keep you all posted.

I know the feeling so hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later - they do have a good warranty & they do have to fix it.

Do keep us posted.

Dot

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
what company did you purchase the mh from? Its good to keep a record and lets us know if things are sorted quickly in case a funster needs to go their.

OP
OP
T & J

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're newbies!
I'm told that the furniture (beds in longe area) have some adjustment on them that allows for some movement from the walls of the vehicle, and accordingly the fit of bed slats within the space available. Seems this was not done on the production line. It has now been done, and I'm told tested and waiting for me to collect. Let's hope that's the end of the matter.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome to the fun :welc:
Glad to hear your problem has now been rectified.
You will have to take it away and give it a REALLY good test now :blush::wink:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Had EXACTLY the same problem with our 625 (same bed) earlier this year. When we took it back to the dealers they had seen the problem before and knew exactly what to do about it. It would seem that there are two positions you can screw the slat runners onto the locker edges below, and sometimes the person doing the job uses the wrong one. It's a really simple job to do it right, which means that more of the slat is "inside" the runner, stopping the slats, even when they bend with your weight from slipping out. Our combined weight is 35 stone and the change worked really well, although I did make up a couple of sheets of marine ply to fit over the slats just in case. I made these in two pieces so they would fit on top of the stored table in transit. Simple mod and worked brilliantly. We changed the van though because we just couldn't get comfy with sleeping transversely, and as two singles the beds were only 5'10" long. Bailey really should accept that human beings are often taller than this as it's a common bed length in many of their vans.

OP
OP
T & J

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're newbies!
Well, I'm pleased to say now resolved. I'm also pleased to say I did as a temporary fix almost the exact same fix. I cut a sheet of 1/4ins ply, but hinged it ( with nothing more comicated than gaffs tape, so it would fold up and fit in wardrobe) in to three. Anyhow that worked. We are ( well "she" is packing for a weekend in new forest as I type) getting ready to go ! Another problem we had is that, we had a roof storage box fitted. Fine. However, whilst ladder was fitted at rear, no grab rails fitted to enable you to get off ladder on to roof with an element of safety . So, a few niggles but think we are on the right track now. Hey..... Please ask me after the weekend! Regards to all.

OP
OP
T & J

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're newbies!
Well, weekend at the new forest i guess was a test for the bed. All seems fine now!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi glad you are enjoying your new van, just a small word of warning about using ply under the bed though, we did a similar fix in a caravan years ago and had trouble with condensation under the mattress, it appears the slats allow for airflow.

It's frustrating that you are spending a considerable sum of money and having these niggles. I hope they get swiftly sorted and you can move on.

OP
OP
T & J

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're newbies!
Many thanks. Didn't need to use the temporary repair i made up with ply wood. Repair seems to be fine now, bed seemed to do its job for the weekend we have just been away.

Regards to all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back