Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
We are getting dangerously close to buying but will probably still wait & go to the Peterborough Show at end of April. We were thinking 2nd hand (and will still buy if one of the above becomes available at a reasonable price ) but are now in the position to spend around £40,000 & have been drooling over the Bailey 6 berths.

Basically :

1) Does anyone have one & if so what is the mileage to gallon approx.
2) What made you decide on one model rather than the other apart from the fact that the 765 hadn't been made :)
3) Is there any real benefit to not having the overhang at the front - I know the 765 looks nicer from the outside but does height actually make a difference anywhere?

My opinion is I don't like the colour brown nor leather & the new model seems to come in only 1 or the other. Also, I quite like the overhang bed as it gives the kids a space of their own to read etc whereas the electric bed would have to go back up during the day.

Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Dot

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
We have a 750 and love it...there are only ever 2 of us so just use the rear singles, cant comment on the 6 berth.

Mileage...an average up hill and down dale driven sensibly, 30.7 mpg on the computer.
Model...we had a Approach 740 originally...nice van but the layout didn't suit the wild camping we enjoy so much so we changed it.
Overhang...dont like the bulbous luton!

Hope this helps.

Chris

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
We have a 760 and are more than happy with it. I drive quite conservatively and we have averaged 28.37 ish over the 3 years we have had it, (I do like to follow large vehicles and get a bit of a 'tow' from them occasionally).

There are only the two of us and I wonder about weight if six were on board; especially if they were adults/teenagers.

Our only real complaint is that the heating doesn't get up the cab end very well (I'm looking at routing an underfloor pipe up to the front to sort that). As with all Baileys the water fill system is poor, and I have enlarged the flow holes, as I have with the grey water drain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome Bill.... BUT You are replying to a thread that is 2 years old and the member is "read only" so most likely no longer on here.. Be aware you have 5 free posts then you need to subscribe (£15). Nice to see you offering advise, plenty of it on here.. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back