rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Just been on OUT AND ABOUT LIVE Web site and there's a U-Tube video of an owner with his Bailey motorhome that's got a serious water ingress problem. Would you want to buy one after seeing it?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Damp meter won't help much wiyh this one:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
have you got a link?
to the Youtube vid

Im banned from over there.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Not quite sure about this?

Is it roof water coming in down the pod rails, designed to stop water sitting on the roof?

I would like to see Bailey's response.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Never seen anything like that but surely any buyer in his right mind would take it back to his dealer or Bailey to get it rectified instead off putting a video on Utube

I cannot for one moment believe that this person has been fobbed off by Bailey

Peter

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
THERE WAS A FISH IN THERE!! Just saw it on the ground!! :Eeek: Thats the trouble with Bailey, very poor quality control at end of production. Talking to peeps with new tugs, terrible stories of water ingress through grab handles, locker doors etc.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Its not uncommon for trims and cappings to be unsealed at the bottom. Allowing water to enter from the top is just pure shoddiness.
As the complainant rightly says, when that water freezes it will expand and force the trim off.
I had to reseal the top of our rear trims after skiing last year because of ice damage.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I rest my case:Eeek::Eeek:
40 grand:cry:
And I thought bialy was supposed to be one of the better ones

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think he has overfilled his fresh water tank...:RollEyes:

Or could it possibly be rising damp...:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Like the guy says Unbelievable:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well the good news is it doesn't judder.

Damn Damn Damn - beaten by 22 mins.

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
He should have bought a Rapido::bigsmile:

But it should not happen on any motorhome.

In the 60s they said Toyota would never sell in the UK

Now the UK motorhome industrie is waiting to come to an end.

But is not the workers that build bad motorhomes its the Managment .

You only have to look at Nissan very well built by British workers.

Mel

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Makes my Autotrail look good !!:thumb: :Doh:

Is it just me and my PC because I dont have any sound on this link, either on the PC or ipad ???

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Never seen anything like that but surely any buyer in his right mind would take it back to his dealer or Bailey to get it rectified instead off putting a video on Utube

I cannot for one moment believe that this person has been fobbed off by Bailey

Peter

Trouble is Peter it sounds like Bailey have told him its normal and designed to do that, its bloody incredible, Bailey has also got problems with the high tech surface coating on their new hi tech caravans and on the same type of caravans rotting from front floors dur to water leaks through the front exteria grab handles. Right who was saying Swifts were the worst !!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I saw this post in THAT other place and whilst watching it put my motorcycling head on!
If I met that camper coming round a bend and saw that mini tidal wave coming across the road at me,my initial thought would be diesel!!!:Eeek:
I suggested to the poster that although Bailey say it is meant to do that, a member with some legal knowledge could maybe offer advice about that and the consequences to cyclists also.Sudden evasive action could cause a nasty accident.
:Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Trouble is Peter it sounds like Bailey have told him its normal and designed to do that, its bloody incredible, Bailey has also got problems with the high tech surface coating on their new hi tech caravans and on the same type of caravans rotting from front floors dur to water leaks through the front exteria grab handles. Right who was saying Swifts were the worst !!

If that is the case with the number of Baileys that have been sold why hasn't anybody else made comments about it?

We must have fellow Funsters who own Baileys and whilst this is not a 'whingers' forum it surely is worth a comment

Peter

OP
OP
rolandrat

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Does anyone for one moment think that water cascading from internal bodywork is normal, I don't think so. The manufacturer needs to address the fault asap. The owner should be able to have a replacement motorhome as a matter of course no quibble. At the moment there will be many assumptions as to the reason but one thing is very obvious, it should not happen.
No doubt there will be serious water damage throughout the hidden structure which will get worse as time goes on.
The owner could have made the decision to make a video and go public because he was stone walled by the supplying dealer and the manufacturer and alerted anyone who is considering buying one of the problem he is experiencing. The dealer and manufacturers reputation is on the line at the moment, lets all hope it has a happy ending.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my motorcycling head on!
If I met that camper coming round a bend and saw that mini tidal wave coming across the road at me,my initial thought would be diesel!!!:Eeek:
:Doh:

That would waken you up a bit, wouldn't it.

You'd never get them clean again, that's for sure.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Does anyone for one moment think that water cascading from internal bodywork is normal, I don't think so. The manufacturer needs to address the fault asap. The owner should be able to have a replacement motorhome as a matter of course no quibble. At the moment there will be many assumptions as to the reason but one thing is very obvious, it should not happen.
No doubt there will be serious water damage throughout the hidden structure which will get worse as time goes on.
The owner could have made the decision to make a video and go public because he was stone walled by the supplying dealer and the manufacturer and alerted anyone who is considering buying one of the problem he is experiencing. The dealer and manufacturers reputation is on the line at the moment, lets all hope it has a happy ending.

Ok, so can you answer this.

The guy says that it is a design fault and suggests that all are built like this.
If this is the case, where are all the other bailey owners complaining aka juddergate?

I think it would be very easy to spot, and very easy for even the newest person to motorhoming to say, is this right? even the 100s of bikers chasing down the road would let him know.

Therefore, clearly the guy has a problem, but I would like to know who he spoke too and what information they are armed with to make the decision that this is normal as the guy puts it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anyone know anyone at Baileys? who could send them a link and ask for there responce on here.
It.s obviosly a sealing fault but also as Roland rat says it needs further investigation for water damage :Eeek:
Could the man have been fobbed off? by both dealer and Baileys ?
be intersting to get both sides of the story :Smile:at the moment its looking bad for D & B
terry

Jan 17, 2010
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach740SE
Exp
Since 2006
Mine does the same and Bailey said it was normal, now there are two of us and his is being investigated I hope mine will be not far behind.
I didn't think of videoing it though

Last edited:

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Bailey 760

We were considering buying a Bailey. We liked the idea that they had been crash tested though I think it was at 30 mph & I'm not sure I drive at that speed too often! It also looked like a good build & with fewer places to leak we were pretty impressed with it. Now, with 2 people saying they have a problem we would definitely need Bailey to fix the problem before we would consider buying one even though it is a different roof type.

Hope Bailey sort it out for you!

Dot

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
Organplayer

From the other site I see that owner of the vehicle in question states it is being taken to the Bailey shortly. Hope Pete 4.4 gets similar but quicker response from Bailey. As for us, we have not noticed any sign of this problem BUT we await the next downpour from the heavens to see whether we have a "watery" inner roof. I will certainly inform everyone if we do. Best wishes to all.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
From the other site I see that owner of the vehicle in question states it is being taken to the Bailey shortly. Hope Pete 4.4 gets similar but quicker response from Bailey. As for us, we have not noticed any sign of this problem BUT we await the next downpour from the heavens to see whether we have a "watery" inner roof. I will certainly inform everyone if we do. Best wishes to all.

Don't wait, get ya hosepipe out:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back