Bailey 740/745 shower leaks and squeaky floor (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi

Have any Bailey owners experienced either of the above?

We are on week two of a seven week trip and our 740, only seven months old, has decided to start to squeaky badly when standing on bathroom floor, and shower leaks badly with water getting under bed and into main habitation area.

I intend doing a temporary fix with silicone as I think I can see offending gap but will take it in for proper job upon my return.

Any similar experiences, are Bailey good at fixing issues under warranty?

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It's the dealership that will carry out repairs.
I won't have another new van, you have to finish off building them yourself. Our dealership is miles away so it was easier to fix minor things myself.
Good luck with yours, if that's the only 2 faults you haven't done bad.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No problems with our bathroom. Rear plastic trim/bumper loose on one side but that was fixed with a couple of capped screws and silicon. The odd cupboard catch replaced too under warranty by the dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
celticmini

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Our dealer is 250 miles away but we have a good local approved workshop, also approved by bailey, who do my repairs. I am sure they will fix it but I was wondering if Bailey tend to say yes quickly to warranty work or drag their heals?

I was talking to a Bailey owner a few weeks before we came away and he told me he has squeaky floors that were being sorted, at the time our were fine!

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Yes we have squeaky shower base in our Bailey 625, we put it down to maybe not exactly level but not sure now reading this? Maybe we should book it in?

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I had the same thing on my 765 ,the leak wasn't the sealant but the down pipe from the plug hole had dropped out. Easy fix was to get underneath remove plate that the pipe goes through,relocate the pipe into plug hole socket,making sure this was well into the socket ,replace plate .
Hope your problem is solved as easily.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I had the same thing on my 765 ,the leak wasn't the sealant but the down pipe from the plug hole had dropped out. Easy fix was to get underneath remove plate that the pipe goes through,relocate the pipe into plug hole socket,making sure this was well into the socket ,replace plate .

But why should you have to???

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Definitely check the piping, all the way along as well as at the joints, our 155 had a leak on the pipe, we found it had been fitted to tightly. We replaced the pipe and put new joints using proper plumbing push fit joints. Bailey are reasonably okay at fixing problems, but I'm sorry to say we have yet to find a supplier who has a half competent workshop.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
But why should you have to???
Your right I shouldn't have to,but alternatively it would probably take a week or so to book it in to get the job done and I've got 50mile round trip , if it can be done while I wait .

Kiffster

Free Member
Sep 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 765
Exp
5 years
Melvin, HI is the access panel to get under the shower on the underneath of the motorhome or is it in another location within the habitat area? Cheers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back