Bags I first post! (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I’m sure there did used to be a section on here for campsites with fishing but I’m blowed if I can find it! It’s a facility I look for whenever possible especially in France but to be going on with try the C&C club at "Hereford", which is actually at Tarrington which is nearer to Ledbury than Hereford but they have a lovely 3 1/2 acre pool which is full of fish and well kept. Most people fish for the carp but there are some superb perch in there and lots of good silver fish as well. Lucksall has the river Wye running through it and there are others close by like Trippenkennet which has two lakes. Winchcombe is only down the road from us but I gather their lake has been somewhat poorly looked after and the fish stocks are now low? My favourite is Durtal in France on the Loir (not the more famous Loire) which although difficult to fish successfully has some wonderful fish in it and can almost be fished out of the toilet window in your van

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'm not a fisher but Zillebeke lake at Ypres is worth an internet 'look' before going there. i saw a 30 odd pound carp being returned

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I’m sure there did used to be a section on here for campsites with fishing but I’m blowed if I can find it! It’s a facility I look for whenever possible especially in France but to be going on with try the C&C club at "Hereford", which is actually at Tarrington which is nearer to Ledbury than Hereford but they have a lovely 3 1/2 acre pool which is full of fish and well kept. Most people fish for the carp but there are some superb perch in there and lots of good silver fish as well. Lucksall has the river Wye running through it and there are others close by like Trippenkennet which has two lakes. Winchcombe is only down the road from us but I gather their lake has been somewhat poorly looked after and the fish stocks are now low? My favourite is Durtal in France on the Loir (not the more famous Loire) which although difficult to fish successfully has some wonderful fish in it and can almost be fished out of the toilet window in your van

Went to both sites last year both beautiful sites. Had some nice chub from the Wye. But blanked for the carp atC&C site. Definitely go back to both.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back