May 25, 2010
France
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
problem with truma water heater.
when I switch on water heater starts sparking then ignites then goes out straight away then tic tic tic ignite ,goes out over and over ,can someone help please ?
I 've just cleaned the jet as it was clogged with oil(the type they put into the gas bottles
to give it a smell), sometimes but not often it ignites for a period of time gets to a certain temperature then begins the on off sequence
thanks
baggylip

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, its been a while since I had a truma, but isn't there a vent cover you are supposed to remove on the outside before lighting?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Truma boiler

Hi Bagylip

We had this problem on a C6002 boiler some time ago, and found the reset button cured all.

You don't say which model boiler you have, but if it has a reset button, usually found under a slider, about the size of a matchbox, and located at about 2.00pm as you look down on the boiler, about 150mm (6") from the top. Slide the cover up, press the reset button once, (its red!) and try again. I think i'm right in saying the manual says to let the boiler water go cold before resetting.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.:thumb:

Nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

bagylip

Free Member
May 25, 2010
France
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
bagglip water heater

the make is truma B10and the outer cover is OFF

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi this may sound silly but try warming the circuit board with a hair dryer :thumb: then try your boiler. If this works it may need
1 sealing with circuit board sealer (spray on varnish type )
2 new board or repair - get this from Trauma about 40 quids - you can also get them to trouble shoot at there factory for around the same price per hour :thumb: ( notts - derby area )
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back