Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Ok - that’s it, we’re done with the Aussie winter. It’s howling a gale outside, wild winds getting channeled in from Storm Bay and whipping up whitecaps down below our rental place here in Opossum Bay in Tasmania. Just one more job to do before we head back to the Auvergne to pick up Jinksy and continue with The Motorhoming Life Nomadic. If the ‘job’ (second hip replacement) goes according to plan then we should be aboard the MV Matisse container ship in early August and sailing from Melbourne to Rotterdam for a September arrival. From there it’s just a short hop to where the camper is. The first op went well and Madame Ponyboy has been doing all the exercises ordered by the physio and is now getting about without the crutches so hopefully next wednesday’s appointment with the surgeon will go equally well and she’ll have eight weeks to recover before we sail. Me - I’m getting my nurses uniform back out of the wardrobe to be starched and ready for use for when she gets back from hospital, It’ll be TLC all the way and hopefully we’ll be back on the road and meeting up with Funsters once again, albeit a bit later in the season.
Cheers from Ponyboy

Mathilde

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Peugeot auto sleeper
Exp
since 2010
Hi there. We live in Perth and will be off mid July to Europe. We have stored our motorhome in England in an undercover storage facility since 2010. Often thought about leaving her in France somewhere and wonder if you recommend where you leave yours.
Good luck with the op and the trip across.

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Hi there. We live in Perth and will be off mid July to Europe. We have stored our motorhome in England in an undercover storage facility since 2010. Often thought about leaving her in France somewhere and wonder if you recommend where you leave yours.
Good luck with the op and the trip across.

Hiya Mathilde, we've got a friend in the Auvergne who has a barn which is exactly the size of Jinksy and who has very kindly lets us use it. How long are you planning to be in Europe and where are you thinking of going?
I have seen ads in France for over-wintering MHs - have a google - i think it's called "hibernation"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mathilde

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
Funster No
MH
Peugeot auto sleeper
Exp
since 2010
We go for 3 months each year and have spent a lot of time in France - we use a mix of France Passion farm stays & campsites. Switzerland is another favourite. We are still tossing up whether to tour Norway & Sweden this year or go South to Croatia. One issue we have is with motorhome insurance. Not being resident in the UK, we have only found one company which will insure us "Downunder Insurance" - very very expensive. 1300 pounds per year.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Ok - that’s it, we’re done with the Aussie winter. It’s howling a gale outside, wild winds getting channeled in from Storm Bay and whipping up whitecaps down below our rental place here in Opossum Bay in Tasmania. Just one more job to do before we head back to the Auvergne to pick up Jinksy and continue with The Motorhoming Life Nomadic. If the ‘job’ (second hip replacement) goes according to plan then we should be aboard the MV Matisse container ship in early August and sailing from Melbourne to Rotterdam for a September arrival. From there it’s just a short hop to where the camper is. The first op went well and Madame Ponyboy has been doing all the exercises ordered by the physio and is now getting about without the crutches so hopefully next wednesday’s appointment with the surgeon will go equally well and she’ll have eight weeks to recover before we sail. Me - I’m getting my nurses uniform back out of the wardrobe to be starched and ready for use for when she gets back from hospital, It’ll be TLC all the way and hopefully we’ll be back on the road and meeting up with Funsters once again, albeit a bit later in the season.
Cheers from Ponyboy

Trust the operation will be a success and good luck with your trip - hope it all works out OK. :thumb:

Mike

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
We go for 3 months each year and have spent a lot of time in France - we use a mix of France Passion farm stays & campsites. Switzerland is another favourite. We are still tossing up whether to tour Norway & Sweden this year or go South to Croatia. One issue we have is with motorhome insurance. Not being resident in the UK, we have only found one company which will insure us "Downunder Insurance" - very very expensive. 1300 pounds per year.

yeah we've been forced to go with down under as well, it always amuses me to see the funsters whinging about having to pay a quarter of what we pay for insurance but i guess the alternative is not being out on the road and at the end of the day THAT's not an option. keep me posted on your travels and hopefully we can meet up sometime.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
It's not called 'hibernation' LOL

It's 'hivernage' or 'garage mort' usually !

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Don't know if you have noticed but at the moment the uses for WD40 is right below this bad hips one.

Sorry:Smile:

Well it was when I posted,

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Don't know if you have noticed but at the moment the uses for WD40 is right below this bad hips one.

Sorry:Smile:

Well it was when I posted,

Martin

ha ha - well spotted Martin, very funny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread