BACON ROLLS CANCELLED - No joke (1 Viewer)

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
A big "THANK YOU" to Jayne, Bob and the other Marshalls for all their hard work, I know exactly what its like to work in muddy conditions - done it for 20 years previously thank god no more lol.

Take care everyone going home the spray on the motorway and roads is horendous:Angry:

Did not manage to meet anyone this time but hope to soon, take care:thumb:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
::bigsmile:No dissapointment, no miserable time, no glum looks. It was a laugh:ROFLMAO:, if you stayed in because of the weather in this country, you'd never go out.

I did have a very small panic attack when we arrived, to be towed ON to the pitch:Eeek:, nobody braved the marquee frid night i dont think, saturday was spent getting cold and wet, but meeting funsters and having a chat.
Saturday night we had a chat in the marquee, then off to bed about 11.30, to listen to it absolutley drop down all night:Angry:.
I told carol that we would escape as soon as possible on sunday, due to the tractors churning the ground up, so we were "on parade 2 with our near neighbours, and with cold and wet feet, got the MH off the field.
The A1 was clear, and by 14.30, i was sitting at home eating a roast cooked by my lovely missus:thumb:

Personally, we would like to thank the marshalls for their staying power in the face of such dire conditions, top banana and thanks.
Thanks to all those that had a chat and a laugh, 'specially gaz and julie, steve and rose and mr and mrs slobadob.

The last rally we went on (newark) was crap....this one was crap,...anyone want to invite us to the next one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

we did have some very good news while away, thats on another post.

bazP

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
Peterboro show

It was an adventure!! the great british stiff upper lip is about 4 feet above their muddy wellies! Thanks to Jane and Bob and everyone else who worked so hard to make it as enjoyable as possible - didnt stop rainihg until I got back to Stockport - sorry that I shot off without saying goodbye and thanks but I managed to find me a tractor driver early and, once moving, did not dare stop. Err how do I get rid of Trench foot?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
would also like to thank bob and jane:thumb: like others once off lake and through the mud just drove home slow:Blush:, still drying out, just hope stratford is nice and dry
Bill

denpar

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki
Exp
4 years
Thanks to you for a great if a tad damp weekend, could we put a request in for some sunshine for Newbury. :Cool:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
peterboro show

Thanks to Bob and Jane, Hope you have dried out.The weather was not good but i still enjoyed my self. i met a lot of people around my van and although they were wet still managed a hello and a quick chat. Wanted to put names to faces but obviously weather did not allow this to happen.Thankfully for the weather though i think SUE had second thoughts about drinking wine and getting back to her van and i caught her and her freind drinking coffee with shirls when i got back to the van. Bad weather ,Good times see you all soon

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yesterday afternoon I looked at the few feet of grass between our van and the road and it seemed pretty solid and sound. This morning it was a pool and the road in front was a river. We did try to get away under our own steam but no chance so well worth a fiver to one of the tractor drivers who had been working long hours since Thursday to get people on and off pitches.

It was a wild, wet and windy drive home but arrived safely just before 5pm.

Not the best show we've been to but only because of the weather. The Funsters, as usual, made the event well worth going to.

Many thanks to Bob & Jane for all their work for weeks before the show (as well as at the show) and to all the Funsters who helped erect and dismantle the marquees - especially dismantle in the wet this morning ::bigsmile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Would like to say a big thank you to Bob and Jane for organising the meet, Gaz and Julie, Sonia and Kevin, Liz and Paul, Gromett, and all the other Funsters that made us feel very welcome on such a wet and windy weekend.
We had a few beers in the marquee friday and saturday night which was great and taking the marquee down today was a bit of an adventure what with the weather:Doh:. watching all the hazard lights going on waiting for the tractors to come and drag people out, we think we were lucky as we put ours on the same tractor driver who pulled us on on friday shouted 'your next' so we only waited a few minuites:thumb:gave him £5 and he was as thankful as we were, must say we had a great time making the most of the weekend:thumb:
CHEERS EVERYONE ROB&JANE

audreyj

Free Member
Sep 25, 2011
driffield
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
since 2009
Peterborough Show

:Sad: BACON ROLLS :cry:
CANCELLED

Very sorry to disappoint those Funsters who were prepared to slop around holding onto bacon rolls and hot drinks. We have decided it would be mad to go ahead with the event. Sunday's weather is expected to be worse...The tractors will already be far too busy pulling vans out of the mud let alone extricating gas cylinders and barbecues from the goo :ROFLMAO: So thanks for the earlier offers of loans of equipment but at least you will not have to pressure wash the stuff off again!

The marquees are to be left up and we hope to see some Funsters in there this evening to have a good laugh with. No doubt we will be there Sunday morning too for a chat with anyone that wants to bring their hot drinks and have a gossip and some biscuits.

The Dodgy Dip is also not going ahead, only sold three tickets so far, the thought is that some of us (but not us :RollEyes:) will be leaving as early as tractors can be rousted, so any winners may be heading home....

Such a shame that the drought conditions have cast a very wet shadow over the Peterborough Show usually such a great and enjoyable event.

Once again, our apologies. Jane & Bob

Thanks to Bob made us welcome we left early Sunday morning before tide came in nearly at our 5th wheeler. We got off with no tractor help but 4x4 helped. Hope to see you all again and next time be able to chat to a few people [weather permitting]::bigsmile:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
A big thank you to Jane and Bob, weather conditions made things difficult for them as marshalls but we still enjoyed ouorselves splashing about in the mud and rain. Thanks again and looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
A big thank you to Jane and Bob, weather conditions made things difficult for them as marshalls but we still enjoyed ouorselves splashing about in the mud and rain. Thanks again and looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

I must say, you really did seem kind of oblivious to the weather! Which is great as you were really helpful :) Thanks to Julie for the hot drinks and yummy cake. Sorry you did not get to take any home lol ! Jane & Bob

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I too would like to thank Jane and Bob for all their hard work over the weekend.

I thought today that I saw Noah sailing past when we were leaving the ground.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was nice to meet a few of you brave souls on Saturday night. Sorry I didnt get out and about as I really like to meet new funsters, but what with My Grandaughter and the rain it was difficult to say the least.

We are home now in the warm.

Hopefully see some of you at Tattingstone.

Sonja

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to Bob & Jane for doing a fab job at Peterborough , you sure did work hard , we enjoyed ourselves dispute all the mud , we had Welles warm clothes good company and a massive HUGE tractor to help us in our way today , the sun would have been nice but we can't have everything :thumb:
See you all soon
Lynn & Steve :thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Many thanks to Bob and Jane for all their hard work, and for remaining unfailingly cheerful and helpful throughout the weekend. :thumb:

Thanks to all the other Funsters that I met (some already known, some new) for making the rally an enjoyable event despite the appalling weather. Hope to see you all again at Stratford. :Smile:

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Peterboro Show

A big thank you to Bob and Jane and all who helped,you did a great job in impossible conditions,Jenny and I being positive minded people did'nt pack wellies so two cases of trenchfoot,ah well you live and learn. We lost our bottle mid day Sunday,waved the magic fiver and got away.Did not turn off the wipers untill we got to little CL in Cardiff.Home now dry and warm.Hope to see you all again soon.
Bob and Jenny.

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Thanks

A bid thank you to Bob Jane and the rest of the marshal team who worked so hard in appalling conditions to keep the weekend going.
We chickened out on saturday we're both wimps and even the dogs didn't want to go out.

We called in a shopping centre on the way home and they where doing so badly we went in to a clothes shop and they where so glad to see a potential customer they offered us coffee and biscuits.
Hopefully at the next meet the weather will be a bit Kinder
Alan and Julia::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back