Backpain and fiat seats (1 Viewer)

D

Davrosdarcy

Deleted User
I have a back pain problem and I am looking for better more supportive seats to fit to my Fiat Ducatto based Laika Ecovip 7R only the passenger seat swivels. Has anybody experience of fitting other seats, perhaps from a scrapped car, or fitting arm rests to the exsisting seats, all ideas welcome, except those that start, Buy an American RV.:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Buy an American RV seat:ROFLMAO:
Seriously only you will know what type/shape seat is comfortable, any seat can be adapted within reason if you need to retain all the tilt/swivel /up and down motions that will limit what you can have if you can live with a fixed seat, the skys the limit
Geo

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Is it me, but I have always felt that the Drivers Seat in the old shape Ducato was not in direct line with th esteering wheel.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Is it me, but I have always felt that the Drivers Seat in the old shape Ducato was not in direct line with th esteering wheel.

No it's not you, I remember reading it somewere years ago I think from memory it was ofset by 6in.:roflmto::roflmto:

Dave

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I fitted a couple of seats from a Citroen BX 19 into my Ducato about 9 years ago, they are still going strong and very comfortable. They cost ÂŁ10 for the pair. I had to elongate the fixing holes in the seat boxes very slightly to accommodate a slight variation in fixing holes' position.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
I too suffer with back problems.

I found that the standard Fiat seat fitted in our old motorhome, used to absolutely murder me.

However, our new one has ISRI seats, and they are fantastic.

PS. Have you tried a magnetic copper bracelet. Very sceptical at first, but wouldn't be without it now.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
I have a back pain problem and I am looking for better more supportive seats to fit to my Fiat Ducatto based Laika Ecovip 7R only the passenger seat swivels. Has anybody experience of fitting other seats, perhaps from a scrapped car, or fitting arm rests to the exsisting seats, all ideas welcome, except those that start, Buy an American RV.:Smile:
Hi davosdarcy it depends what the cause of your back pain is you may just need a lumber roll:whatthe:I would get a professional opinion first then decide from there :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back