Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Should the price of fuel continue to rise I think we may have to have a "horse-drawn" forum:Smile: Mind you the pace and style of travelling like this does appeal, anyone ever driven horses?

gypsycaravan2.jpg

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have driven horses MANY years ago now.

Surely Gordon Brown would have pre-empted this with a Sh1t Tax.:Eeek:

He's full of it.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just thinking out of the box again - damn, had an attack of management speak there, thought I'd grown out of that ::bigsmile:

If we did go back to forms of transport from a few decades ago that might mean that transporting food and other products over long distances might be uneconomic.

So, we would have more local - fresher, better for you? - food without the heavy transport costs and that would keep food costs down.

Also, less use of roads by heavy vehicles could mean less of a maintenance cost so room to reduce taxes and quieter roads for us when we go off in our vans.

Well, it's a thought ain't it? ::bigsmile:

Graham

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Exactly Graham,

Maybe...Just Maybe .. it would result in a better standard of life.:RollEyes:

Who REALLY needs all this gadgetry anyway?

It might actually result in people talking to their neighbours again.:ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Still defeats me that non urgent freight is not still transported by canal. Thatcher destroyed the railway system yet in Europpe there is a great deal of goods transported by rail,this lot finished the job by scrapping the travelling Post Offices
If it was used here the amount of HGVS taken of the road would make a great difference to road safdety and conjestion especially hazardous goods.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Should the price of fuel continue to rise I think we may have to have a "horse-drawn" forum:Smile: Mind you the pace and style of travelling like this does appeal, anyone ever driven horses?

gypsycaravan2.jpg

Have tried this a couple of times but only ever with one horse. A friend of mine has a phaeton gig and it was fun to go out around the country lanes in the sunshine gave you a really good feeling of being at one with nature! Don't suppose it would be so interesting when its raining though! ::bigsmile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
WARNING WARNING

The Hottest weather on record is actually 40 - 60 years before the Car was introduced. Caused, I believe by all the S++t from all the animals ( and as usual the Poloticians).:ROFLMAO:

So be aware what you wish for!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
At 63 years old, I can just about remember horses on the farm where I lived but I do have much better memories of helping the 'milky' drive the horse-drawn float around the streets of Southampton back in the late 'Fifties. :whatthe:

I can still smell the aroma emanating from the tail end generally caused by little old ladies feeding too many slices of bread to the ever-hungry horse! :Wacko::Wacko::Eeek:

And, of course, being sent out with a bucket and shovel to collect the horse droppings for Dad's rose garden :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back