Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Got back last Sunday from Germany with my new/used motor home. My last one was hit by an arsonist. It is a 2002 Fiat, Ducato A625R. (1 owner) 2.8 Turbo, 94kw. 126 hp, 6.40m long with 42000 Km on the clock. Body is a T.E.C. model. Inside rear is a 3 sided seater with table which can be folded down for a double bed, with with 7 overhead cupboards and below are also 7 shelves with which have closing flaps. Under all 3 seats is storage space which you can get to from the outside of the MH. Pass the seating, right hand side is the wardrobe and under the wardrobe is your heating system, hot air blowers, throughout the MH. Left hand side is seperate toliet and shower with wash basin, plenty of cupboards for toiletries and anything else. Next to wardrobe, is the kitchen area, 3 flame cooker and sink with worktop (small) By the cooker is your control for your heating and hot water, switch up is hot water and heating automatically, switch down, hot water only. a Fire extingusher is built in one corner. Above are 2 large cupboards and below are 2 smaller cupboards in line. Beside that is a roll top cupboard space for a TV which can take a 19" TFT screen, stands on a slideable which can be drawn out to watch TV. Underneath is the receiver screwed the the underside.Also connected id a Video recorder with a builtin DVD. Inside are all the connections. Under the cooker is the 3 way fridge, and a very large storage space for utensils which slide out. Above that is a tray draw for cutelry. Opposite the kitchen area is a smaller version of a seating area, a 2 seater sofa with a fixed table with a further swing out table top underneath. Above the this area is also 2 large storage cupboards and shelving with flap doors. Ceiling windows above in large and small seating areas, bathroom and a fully automatic panorama window with remote control, lights around panorama window are also remote control. Under the seat are 3x180AH batteries and battery charger. Driver seat swivels to face table. Above the cab is the Alcove to sleep 2 with windows. Ther are 5 windows around the sides all done with nets and curtains. The entrace door has an insect door too, so has all the windows with blinds. Outside, electric step, 5m awning, fully automated selfseeking Sat dish, 2x120watt solar panels,3x185AH leisure batteries. Reversing infrared camera b/w screen with 5" screen, ladder and motor bike frame up to 120kgs to take the weight of a motorbike. Roof railings. All doors and engine hood, flap openings are fitted with sensors (13 sensors) for the alarm system. 230amps plug in. 1000w built in Inverter. Double flooring with water tanks, fresh 120L/100L waste.. Stabelisers at rear. Test drive: gears 1 to 3 no problem uphill. Run on 4th gear to get you speed and settle in at that on 5th. ONCE, only once as a test I hit 160 kph on a 4 percent gradiant. No problem doing 130 comfortably. I drive usually at 90 to 100km to save on gas.
Price: On the forecourt was €28900, I offerd €25000, he dropped to €27000, my last offer €26000, his last offer was €26400. I said No and walked away. He called me back and said he would pay the MOT and Insurance and sort out the Export papers. I excepted provided he had the MH ready in 48 hours.
€26400 = £ 18857. I also have a 1 year gaurentee for all parts and labour in the EC. Like to know if you folks think it was a good deal, especially with all the extras.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Beachbum

Sounds like you got yourself a deal but I'm not familiar with TEC .. a couple of pics would be nice..
Good luck with the sale, hope it all goes smoothly .. :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: The ONLY problem I have with German (European) Motorhomes is that they do NOT have Ovens and usually no grills. Sounds like a good buy though. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sound like a good deal to me and big thanks for sharing your experience:thumb:

A big saving has be had:winky:

TEC are very good caravan constructors (solid and reliable) so the motorhome no doubt share a similar build quality.

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
ro T.E.C. 645R

Link Removed
Link Removed

Forgot to mention that at rear, left hand side is a flap, open it and it has connections for an outside shower and also a gas connection for grilling.

OP
OP
Beachbum

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
:Cool: The ONLY problem I have with German (European) Motorhomes is that they do NOT have Ovens and usually no grills. Sounds like a good buy though. :winky:

Agree JSW. But when I was in Germany a few weeks back, looking at some MH's, I did see some new ones with ovens and grills, well out of my price range. They were Flairs and Concordes, real beauties, €90000 to €120000. By the way, I do admire your American RV's, very classy, wish I had the bread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back