Back on the road after a nightmare of water ingress! (1 Viewer)

Jun 4, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest SE
Exp
Very little - 6 months
Hi there

I had such tremendous help from some really generous members back in June when we experienced a horrendous water ingress problem in our Elddis Autoquest Motorhome, which looked like it was going to take us off the road for the entire summer (and more). I just wanted to say that, we found a wonderful motorhome expert, who spent 3 weeks repairing and resealing and we got back on the road in early August! It cost us a lot, but it was worth it, as I don't think we would have managed it ourselves.

We still have a lot of resealing work to do (pretty much the entire van), but the water ingress problem we had is fixed, we have a new ceiling as we decided to rip the entire ceiling out whilst we were at it and its wonderful to have it back.

There were so many of you members who supported me through a really emotional time and I hope you get to read this message, as you have all been absolutely wonderful. I only hope I will be able to help other members at some point.

One thing I have learnt though is that nothing inside a motorhome is difficult or too technical (I know the full structure of a motorhome now!) and its a fairly basic structure - BUT that one should always get a habitation check, or at the very least check it every few months with a good damp meter. I wouldn't ever want anyone to experience what we went through this year, it truly was so distressing.

And, the one positive thing is the weather has been wonderful these last few weeks, so we have managed to enjoy more weekends than we thought we ever would when we got it fixed.

We are very happy campers, as they say!

Faye

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice one(y) glad you are back on the road.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome back :wb: So glad you have managed to solve the damp problem.have great holidays and keep in touch !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back