Back from Peterborough Show - thanks everyone (1 Viewer)

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
A great weekend, thanks to every one who made it great, loved the welsh cakes, and all the marshels who made it one of the most enjoyable weekends that i have experienced see you all at Newbury...................Del

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Home again, not that we had too far to go, filled up with diesel at Sainsburys with our 5p off coupon, £91 and the tank was already a third full. :cry: Read in the paper today Morrisons offering 6p off for a £40 spend, check it out!

Thanks to all the Marshalls for a great job (do they ever get to see anything?) and all the funsters for making it a brilliant weekend, especially Ambilkate, Amanda, Billl and Kate, for being great neighbours and saving our seats for the show. :thumb: Oh and not forgetting our neighbours on the other side whose name escapes me now as they never spoke to us all weekend! :ROFLMAO:

We had similar neighbours.... But hey ho !! :ROFLMAO:

Big thanks to one and all .. special thanks to Pam, Nigel, Jim ( el paparatzi ), Sian, Bob and Jane..
It is really odd, but every single meet woman and I attend is better than the previous one !
Absolutely fanastic !

No idea what we bought really, but some of the bits were;

An awning ( for a friend )

a 4 bike rack for DesN donna

a double electric hotplate
a weird candle holding ornament for the garden
a couple of large very bright g4 fitting LED units ( to make a couple of special spot lights in the garden )
A Turbo fan ( £35 cos the surround was broken.. But I just swapped the gubbins in to my existing vent !! Def result ! )
A couple of Alko type drop support legs from Dave ( Newall )
A bowler hat ( !!! )
several news papers for woman
Another 'net' to complete the enclosed net look ( ::bigsmile: )
6 pairs of 'No Elastic' socks for woman.. ( makes a change from no elastic draws I 'spose )
Some rather nice cheese
A switch and switch surround
A new vent fly screen
A bottle of Bacardi
A new control panel and pump for the air shocks

And a few other odds and sods ..
and STILL came back with more lolly than I went with thanks to the 'sale' of my easy lift bike trailer thing

Still looking for a 30 or 40 w solar panel for Darrell but by the cringe they were BLOODY greedy at the show !

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, many thanks for :winky: :thanks: another great weekend with the funsters. :thumb:
Well done Nigel and Pamala for all the hard work and planning you do.............So organised and everything runs so smoothly. :thumb:

The weather was fantastic, Its always good when we pack the marques when its dry and no wind.:Doh: Nice to see everyone had a great time and enjoying themselves.

After all the :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: and cake consumed :Doh: over the weekend ::bigsmile: I think its time to loose a pound or two. :roflmto:

The bacon rolls went down well on Sunday morning, I think everyone in the show ground could smell it cooking, the amount of bacon that was frying. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyone not been to a funsters rally or meet, get your name down, :Smile: its nice to put names to faces. :thumb: I bet once you have been, you will go again.::bigsmile:

Thanks to Jim, :winky: for not waking everyone up, when you sneaked off in the early hours. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you all again soon. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Just adding our thanks for a great weekend - and well done for the sunshine - great bonus!

Warm welcomes from old and new friends, and excellent marshalling by all.

Cheers

Di and Pete

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A big THANKYOU to all the marshalls, for a great weekend. Sorry we missed the evenings in the tent with all you funsters, Amanda loves to go to the shows in the evenings. A big thankyou to the chef's for cooking us sunday breakfast very much enjoyed with a drink and a chat with the funsters. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

But! Where were you Jim ?:cry: And what is more Jim! Where is my bloody smily face badge??? Felt naked without one! :Blush: :ROFLMAO:

I have no need for such a product::bigsmile: And anyway I knew everything about it from your advertising here. :winky: Badge? All you had to do was come over to the Funsters area after the show and you'd have got one, but you were probably too busy counting the days takings ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A HUGE thank you to Nigel and Pam, Bob and Jane, Jim and Sian and Jock and Rita for all their work which led to such a great meet last weekend...

I unreservedly apologise to all Funsters for all the noise I made... I am, and always have been, very noisy but was even more so at Peterborough not only with the excitement of being at the meet but also because of the unbelieveable result of the Sat FA Cup semi-final at Wembley ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

JJ :thumb:

Sorry... didn't you know the result? ... it was Man City 1, Man Utd 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back