mollyold

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Exp
I have a feeling some, like Scotjimlad i first met in 2005 on another motorhome website.
After being made redundant in 2006 I had to take our beast off the road at the end of 2009.
But, after saving hard, mainly for streak remover and autoglym but pass my MOT yesterday, full service and new cam belt and alko all greased done by those friendly folk down in Essanjay in poole.

So, nice to be back on forum and also nice to have the beast starting to looking like new, although with 400 sq ft of body work to polish it is rather like maintianing painting the Seven Bridge!!

So, welcome back me and nice to be back among what i have found with most motorhomers being an excellent example of "middle England" fed up with all the PC people the MP's full of self importance and the EU full of unelected.:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Excellent, DIY, saves half of FUN typing "welcome back", anyway most of them are drunk at thish time. hic

Brian you are so funny, and prob right !
Anyway Molly welcome back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello from us too. Hope your out and about soon::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Molly, welcome back to the fun:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
welcome back .. from me too

Jim from "middle" Scotland ... :roflmto:

OP
OP
M

mollyold

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Exp
Back with a vengence

On my return to motorhoming after 18 months off for finacial reasons I did not admit that the curse of the mother-in-law, god bless her sole has struck again.
I did love like my own, honest!!

Well the motorhome has come up like new, no streaks, shining and apart from replacing the batteries, upgraded them to 2 x 110amp

She went through her MOT, Cam Belt Change all OK and a nice drive back from Essenjay in Poole, that was last Thursday.

Got home, washing machine we purchased in March broken, leaking water everywhere, called the prompt engineer who annouced that the bra wire had come out and ripped a hole in the plastic outer drum, £345 to repare!
£40 later 2nd hand washing machine in place and working well

On the same friday, last week, went in to the post office with Insurance, MOT all spanking new.
Same post office we have used for the last few years to tax the same van, nope, we have to go to DVLA in Portsmouth becuase our van is private HGV, we told them they had done the last few years taxing van, no joy,
So today off to DVLA portsmouth, number 77 on the waiting list, all sorted now but what a pain

Then, just to double check that all passports, hers, mine and the 2 children were in order, we found out, at 11:25pm last night that our youngest (11) had run out last month,
8am this morning on phone to passport office, you can't just turn up and wait anymore.
However, they have a fast track service, £100+ and they will do it all in 4 hours, all I needed was an appointment and all would be sorted out in time.
Well, I have appointment, 3pm on thursday but because they close at 5pm I will have to go back the following morning.
One little pain in the backside, the nearest office, London is full until next week, the next nearest, Newport, Gwent likewise, so, where do i need to go to get my 4 hour fast track passport, yep, 345miles away in Durham,
So, Thursday morning drive to Duraham for 3pm, stop over until Friday pick up passport then hot foot it down to Dover for our booking on the ferry. total miles, 645
Yep, 645 miles north when we should be heading to rome.

The bloody curse of M-i-L strikes and strikes agian, welcome back to motorhoming.

One last little tip, if anyone else is heading to Italy at the same time has us, DONT, I promise you it will rain not just a little bit but to the point that Noah will need to be called in again:cry:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Very impressed. I do love a can do/will do person. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.