LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Wasn’t entirely sure where to post this so went for the Intros page....

Back in early 2020 we decided that we would sell our MH as there wasn’t enough time to do everything we wanted, planning to take our travelling down another route. So in February 2020 the Hymer was sold, very much the right thing to do from a “head” perspective but it was a very difficult decision from the “heart” viewpoint. To the extent that I couldn’t hang out in the website any longer as I knew it would make me too sad to think of the adventures we would be missing...

However, the chosen new mode of travel turned out to be too unreliable, and of course Covid would have got in the way anyway.

Cutting a long story short, we decided that we both missed motorhoming too much and have decided to get another van. This time, a PVC and have pretty much decided on the Auto Sleepers Warwick XL. It’ll be a bit different to the Hymer but should be a bit less stressful as getting the Hymer up the drive was never easy and on occasions we couldn’t even get out of our road due to poor parking blocking the way for larger vehicles (Our road is such that the local council have kept us on bin bags which are collected by an open back Transit as they can’t get normal sized refuse wagons up ...just to give an idea of the access issues)

I’ve spent many happy hours this weekend looking at the various posts, all the familiar posters still here and overall seems to have the same friendly and helpful feel on the forum as it always did.

Just need to wait until next week when dealers are open to get the job sorted. Originally we’d planned to sort this out at the Harrogate Show but are both too impatient to wait until the end of May!

I’m getting butterflies of excitement just typing this out !

hope to see some old friends and new faces on the road later this year 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Might have to change my user name though!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good to have you back ... I wondered where you had wandered off to! :giggle:

One thing to bear in mind with a PVC is that they have a longer wheelbase than many coachbuilt MHs so if turning etc was tight with your Hymer make sure you check out what wheel base it was on in comparison to a PVC as it could end up being more difficult.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Oh wow, thank you all so much for the warm welcome back!

Minxy Girl you make a good point re the wheelbase, I’ll investigate further - although the road/driveway problem is more that you can’t pass parked cars to get to the drive as opposed to not being able to swing in ...

Will think of new user names over the nex5 week or so 🤔🤔🤔

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How about 'Millie the moocher' as in mooching around wherever and whenever you want to!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Martin nice to hear your coming back to join us, hopefully see you around D&G sometime.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Wasn’t entirely sure where to post this so went for the Intros page....

Back in early 2020 we decided that we would sell our MH as there wasn’t enough time to do everything we wanted, planning to take our travelling down another route. So in February 2020 the Hymer was sold, very much the right thing to do from a “head” perspective but it was a very difficult decision from the “heart” viewpoint. To the extent that I couldn’t hang out in the website any longer as I knew it would make me too sad to think of the adventures we would be missing...

However, the chosen new mode of travel turned out to be too unreliable, and of course Covid would have got in the way anyway.

Cutting a long story short, we decided that we both missed motorhoming too much and have decided to get another van. This time, a PVC and have pretty much decided on the Auto Sleepers Warwick XL. It’ll be a bit different to the Hymer but should be a bit less stressful as getting the Hymer up the drive was never easy and on occasions we couldn’t even get out of our road due to poor parking blocking the way for larger vehicles (Our road is such that the local council have kept us on bin bags which are collected by an open back Transit as they can’t get normal sized refuse wagons up ...just to give an idea of the access issues)

I’ve spent many happy hours this weekend looking at the various posts, all the familiar posters still here and overall seems to have the same friendly and helpful feel on the forum as it always did.

Just need to wait until next week when dealers are open to get the job sorted. Originally we’d planned to sort this out at the Harrogate Show but are both too impatient to wait until the end of May!

I’m getting butterflies of excitement just typing this out !

hope to see some old friends and new faces on the road later this year 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Might have to change my user name though!
Nice to see you back,enjoy.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
So... name change applied for and awaiting Jim’s approval.

Thanks to Mel Minxy Girl I’ve changed to MillieMoocher - can’t go beyond 13 characters in the name so “the” was dropped.

Nice one Mel 👍🏻, your influence knows no bounds 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back