LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hazel you did an amazing job caring for little Gerald and gave him a few extra days in which he was loved, warm, fed and comfortable. You couldn't of done any more than you have. Now get some proper sleep

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
On a lighter note ( and no disrespect to the dead)

I guess it’s most men’s dream to spend their last night in or near a warm cleavage

It was a case of Ti*s up I'm afraid. :crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
You were so lovely trying to help Gerald , I am sorry it didn’t have the happiest of endings but you couldn’t have done anymore for him than you did .

This thread has been a lovely little interlude of gentle kindness.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
On a lighter note ( and no disrespect to the dead)

I guess it’s most men’s dream to spend their last night in or near a warm cleavage
Thank you for that giggle Chris, I have lost men down there, I think the odd lost crumb keeps them going...:sneaky:

Can you give me your address, I’m feeling poorly...?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry to hear about the death of Gerald,the mouse.
Please let us know about the funeral arrangements. Was there a will?
You did all you could to save him...respect.:)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'm late to this but I'd heard Gerald didnt make it from sandra who i keep in touch with... but couldn't respond as im on the road atm..
Can't say alot really other than you did your best and I'm so sorry..
Andy

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hazel so sorry Little Gerald didn’t make it , but thank you for showing so much compassion for such a tiny creature , you are truly a kind person and took on the role of Mrs Foster Mouse so wonderfully.
I will miss the daily updates of the little chap!

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Despite all our efforts I am so sorry to report that Gerald didn't make it, he passed away cuddled up with me on the sofa in the early hours this morning.

As you all know he had been bouncing along fine, but he started taking down turns, fighting back & going down again. We found ways to keep him warm, but it wasn't enough.

This thread has shown me even more how wonderful & compassionate our fellow funsters are.

Gerald was so small, but his heart & spirit was huge and I know his passing is going to cause more tears than just ours to be shed.

Apart from having the privilege of knowing Gerald, I am glad he didn't die cold and alone outside like his sibling did. He was a funny little chap and was without doubt worth all the effort.

Thank you so much for joining the cause to save Gerald, no little mouse has ever known so much love.
Oh no :( only started reading this tonight. You have been amazing. What a lucky wee mouse to at least spend his last few days being shown so much love. Thank you
Mrs Stagman

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Well done, you did your best.
I’ve found that born & bred truly wild animals don’t often survive out of their habitat also we don’t know how he ended up out of the nest.
My mum was brilliant at raising odd wild animals but she did have failures, it’s always sad, you put so much into them but nature takes over!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Very sad news! :crying1:.
However, an opportunity for another orphan mouse seeking a warm cleavage. Apply within.
IMG_0614.JPG

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I imagine that you are feeling a bit empty this morning, Hazel ... :( so just sending you a HUGE hug ..

Don't know when I'll see little grandaughter again after 24/7 for while so I feel empty too. So I'm going to make you and I a virtual cup of coffee and biscuit. :)

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Well done, you did your best.
I’ve found that born & bred truly wild animals don’t often survive out of their habitat also we don’t know how he ended up out of the nest.
My mum was brilliant at raising odd wild animals but she did have failures, it’s always sad, you put so much into them but nature takes over!
Yes indeed, but I hope that he has taught me enough to help again should any wee soul need help.

I have fostered kittens & saved a few other domestic babies, but rescuing wild babies is definitely a different ball game, he was a first for me, but I would do it again.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
You did your best, Hazel, so sorry Gerald didn’t make it. :cry:
It’s very difficult with wild animals, tried unsuccessfully to rear two baby thrushes years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back