Baby Ducklings (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have been watching these little fellas for the last 2 weeks. They have finally got used to me enough so that rather than running when I come out of my van they come begging for food.

This is the first day they haven't run from me, and they were really brave. I crouched down and they came within 8" or so from my hand.

I went and got my camera and went back out. Surprisingly they came back again :D

How cute are they.

2016-05-26 08.54.39.jpg

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
When we first moved into our house we had a pond and a pair of ducks came for the first 3/4 years to lay eggs under the conifer. Chelsea, as we called her, sat on the nest until they hatched. It was fabulous to see them waddling around the garden but when she started taking them out on walks up the path I used to worry about them all coming back! Every day I'd wait and have to count them and inevitably they would shrink in numbers. I was quite relieved when we filled in the pond and she nested elsewhere.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Walking the other day we saw a brood of 14!!!
She had 13 last week. She lost a couple in the first day, then she lost 1 or 2 a day until she was down to 5.
She has been at 5 for 3 days now. There is an almighty din from the pond every night as she is chasing something off.

Give them some water too Karl (y)
She live in a pond. Plenty of water there :)

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can't believe this place. I have never seen so many varieties of birds and fowl all in the same place at the same time.
I will miss it when my 28 days are up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back